AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Official Code Change : Gang Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

psheehan78

WHEW! *wipes forehead* I'm not sure what happened but three wars in two hours and I'm pooped. It was a lot of fun and, like I think dingus said, the constant tweaks were great.

IMO the new system will make for some pretty crazy wars. If you're fighting a much stronger gang, they will still be able to hosp your gang members to keep you from attacking their hideout but with a lot of stims and money for fast district hopping, it wouldn't be impossible to take em out. Twisted
It sure seems to take a lot more AP to repair then attack. when I do a repair not in a war I get. You have repaired 1 or 2 the most I got was 5. When attacking I got up to 39 damage. It sure seems hard to rebuild after a war. Is this the way it is suppose to be? With no refresh it will take days.
zenith Wrote:Respect was converted to gang points. Gang wars bestow gang points if you win.

I want my old gang back! :shock: Sad
NiteSlayer Wrote:It sure seems to take a lot more AP to repair then attack. when I do a repair not in a war I get. You have repaired 1 or 2 the most I got was 5. When attacking I got up to 39 damage. It sure seems hard to rebuild after a war. Is this the way it is suppose to be? With no refresh it will take days.

Intentional. The "defending" during war is to simulate a combination of preventing an attack as well as repairing "damage". Repairs outside of war merely fix damage. Likewise, players unable to "defend" while they sit in the hospital still help with their planning ability to help defend, but not repair. Some players will be better than others in repairing and defending, while others will be attack gods without being able to help defend.
Thank Z!!!!

Soney09

thx for the gangs status and defense rating bar Biggrin

i understand that it should take a lot of time to upgrade, but when some gang surrenders, shouldn't u then be getting a part of the amount of gang points when u win. of course people can cheat by going at war against easy opponent, but u could put a barriar or something, like if ur gang lvl average is 8 then u can only get points (when accepting the surrender) from opponent gang being 7-9 average lvl :S :?

to be honest i really don't like this new system, but ONLY now and for a little while more, i guess u must be having plans to make it better Biggrin

just an idea:
how about u, later in the game, open a shop where u can buy things to put in ur gang hideout e.g. tv, gym. And that would give little amount of additional stats like the cyber plants. And of course with some limit of things u can put, maybe as many as there are people in ur gang :S :?

Scorpious

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Question: Do you get more gang points the longer the war lasts?
Scorpious Wrote:NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Question: Do you get more gang points the longer the war lasts?

For simplicity's sake not at the moment. Just want the base code to get a thorough workout before going hog-wild with it.

Scorpious

Right on. THanks much Lady Zen. Appreciate this new change. Smile Smile

Thor

Like Zen said earlier, stats do matter in defend/repair. I got up to 20 points in repair, in only a few tries tonight.

As for the weak/strong gangs, I highly doubt it will be of any matter anymore. I've seen people as much as 10 lvls under me do the same or even better hits than me in wars today, don't think that the top lvl will still rule the war zone.

To me, those who will dominate the wars has simply changed from the top guys to the most active. Let's face it, if your average joe comes online 3 times a day for 30 mins and you're at war vs a gang where the less active guys in online 8 hours a day and they're 6-10 in that gang, where are really your chances?

I don't mind the new system (I actually find it cool that it doesn't stop others from playing) and I think we will not hear complaints about people having no chances or being hospitalized 2 straight days but, and mark my word here, I give it about 2 1/2 - 3 months before we restart hearing complaints about how 3-4 gangs are ruling every1.

Can't wait to see that ranking in a few days/weeks... :?

Edit:
There's no surrender anymore, it ends when 1 of the 2 hideout has been destroyed. I think?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Reference URL's