AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Official Code Change : Gang Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Thor

Now I get it! See, all you had to do is explain it a few times in a very clear way and I'm good. Smile

We've noticed we got less points from lower gangs but I don't think there's anyway to stop wars between 2 gangs with much difference. There wasn't any before, not sure it can be done here either. And we can't really ask to give no points if a gang too strong takes on a weaker one, because they still stand a chance, if not hosp'd.

I agree that's a good point but there's never any way to please 100% of the pop.
you dont even have to hospitalize a member. we have finished a war in just over 2 minutes and we never attacked any member of that gang. we just had 7 people online and attack. simple fast and nobody lost anything.

Later on Zenith has said that she will have lower rewards for picking on a gang that is all offline((better than before)) and lower rewards for attacking significantly weaker gangs.

another problem I see is that it is extremely difficult to defend due to the Vast difference in damage and repair totals, but im sure that can be tweaked to give the defenders more of a chance than they have now.

In this new system hospitalizing opponents isnt necessary unless you want to protect your own hideout as if you are in the hospital you can still repair and defend.

the amount you repair is determined by stats and it even tells us what stats are used in Zen's original post.
Quote:you dont even have to hospitalize a member. we have finished a war in just over 2 minutes and we never attacked any member of that gang. we just had 7 people online and attack. simple fast and nobody lost anything.

well it does to some people, and surrender does not mean a thing it seems. I give up......
They are not accepting surrenders due to the fact that they are not getting gang points for accepting them.
Sad

Thor

But true

I love Metallica too, do you?

Getting less reward for lower gang is good, if we get more reward for taking on equal or tougher gangs.
personally I hate Metallica, i am too old for them. Too me hospitalizing a team is cheating in the gang wars. But hey tough big guys always pick on the little guys in real life to show them who is tougher. I guess gang wars are not for me or my team, if in my eyes, you have to cheat to win them.

EDIT: lets look at the original post by Zenith:

Quote:Gone will be individual fights for respect. Instead, gangs will have turf wars based on attacking the other gang's hideout.

Gang wars will consist of attacking an opponent's hideout, or defending one's own hideout

Yup that says it all to me. But people decide the only way to win is hospitalize people for 140 minutes so they can win..... Yup that works.

Scorpious

Well, if any of you lower gangs (FAR LOWER) need some gang points for upgrades send me an ingame mail and I will mass mail my gang and tell them to play normally and not do any attacking or defending. That way we don't have to tell them to login and start attacking defending.

By far lower gangs (right now) I am refering to the LVL 8 average gangs from Gr33n Wall Str33t on down right now. You folks need points mail me ingame. I will give you all some points. Either that or catch us with nobody online. However, that wouldbe your freebie there. LOL

Already gave some gangs with friends in there some points. LOL
I have gone through and read all 22 pages of this post. Let me just recap a few points. I am first off going to say I do not know about the old gang wars at all. Here is what I see from the eyes of newer players.

Yes we allianced tonight and tackled a team of Villians.(Please don't hold that against me) Yes as Punisher says it was ballsy. LOL (I am a girl I love challenges). We nearly had the one team defeated when we were declared on by Super Villians, ooops wee mistake. So now we have 2 wars lol. But here is what I entirely see. We start low, we buy credits at least to get a gang going to try and protect ourselves and allow us to level.

We first do not have thousands of dollars to start buying tons of stims to use to get out of the hospital and what if we did? As fast as we use them, the higher gangs just put us right back in for 140 minutes. I was not even out 30 seconds when I get hospitalized for 110 minutes. Then used another stim (all gifts I might add) got out again, hit SURRENDER, and got hospitalized for 36 minutes. So now what can we do? We can defend, yeah, big deal. We can keep repairing our hideouts for hours and hours or just log off and let the higher gang win and take their easy earned, organized points to fortify their hideouts. And this helps the lower gangs how?

If we fight lower gangs, at least we may have a chance if they attack us. They might not be able to hospitalize us. That would make it even, yes.

I spoke with Punisher tonight after we surrendered (which was not granted, but he did send me a stim and protein to get out of hospital after we defeated them) I WON'T TELL YOU HOW WE WON BOTH AT THAT, LMAO. Anyways, after all discussions I have first to say I have admiration for Punisher stating his points without flipping out on a raving woman lol. I could understand his points that he made. Here is my key point, level 20s attack on the hideout I am sure more than 5 per hit, while we just suck.... How can any of this help a lower level gang, unless of course we alliance together. Even if that was the case, while you hospitalize all the lower levels, please explain how we can win successfully? Hey, while in hospital we can defend... big deal lol. We can't attack at all, so will never get an attack in and thus never have a chance in winning.

Maybe I am just aggravated, maybe just ranting, maybe being that raving woman. But if you want to show me where and how we stand one chance without getting ganged up on like that, I am willing to listen. Maybe make it that if you hospitalize the players you lose gang points....
I spoke with Punisher tonight after we surrendered (which was not granted, but he did send me a stim and protein to get out of hospital after we defeated them) I WON'T TELL YOU HOW WE WON BOTH AT THAT, LMAO.

do you think you could have won a war against supervillians without this new code? You made the arguement for why this code is far more fair to low levels. It gives you a chance and that is more than you had before. Yes get allies...the more you have the btter. the more people in you gang that are active the btter....and Zenith has already stated that the best weapons for PvP may not be the best weapons for attacking a hideout.

The old systems ((depending on who you declared war on)) could have very well ended up costing you your gang. War on those you think you can beat and then do all you can to defend yourself while you gather points to upgrade your hideout.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Reference URL's