AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Official Code Change : Gang Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
well, i like the additions that were made.

However I Really really really hate the point return rate when we win... all those wasted AP's and we got 16 points back?? :shock:

[Image: whoops.gif]

ScottishArthur

we gotta remember though zen has just given us the code to play with and she want feedback so this good feedback will help her tweak the settings.. Biggrin

I personally think the returns for a gang win are way too low. Sad

We used alllllllot of apps to get just 16 points return for winning a war.? We cant do much with 16 points.

Plus plp depend on these apps for an income on here, so they will have no income trying to win wars for low points return using up loads of apps. Sad

I think it should be a set amount of say 50 points for a war victory then the amount is quite nice and you know what you will always get in return for the victory.! :wink:
well I dont think yu should get a ton of points for a gang war victory. I look at it this way...you actually come out ahead on cash this format. There are not a lot of PvP cpmbat this way so players are not pounding down stims, you are not wasting credits for energy refills to make your attacks. Those are two huge costs of war in the previous format they have been cutdown dramatically.

just my opinion.
when you say some weaker weapons in 1v1 will be better in gang wars do you mean a weapon that in real life would be good? because I used the old slidge hammer nothing like one to make a hole in someones house and I was getting 1s and 2s, so back to the old shotgun nothing like one to clear a room.

Thor

Judging on past experience and your personal definition of "slightly", this means that crimes that were giving 1-5 respect points will now give like 3-10? 8)

Gonna be a long walk to that 1000 pts upgrade... lol

mudpies

Saerin Wrote:There are not a lot of PvP cpmbat this way so players are not pounding down stims, you are not wasting credits for energy refills to make your attacks.

that's actually what I found exciting about the old war style. so far, this new style doesn't seem all that exciting.

Dragon

May be include an option on the gang upgrade page, where you can use your gang's credits to upgrade your gang. At the moment, I have credits sitting in my gang, doing nothing. Sure, there are not that many, but if a gang could use them, then I would be more persuaded to donate some of my well-earned credits to my gang. I am sure that may be some other members would feel the same way, too. So far, I respect how much work and preparation you have put in to this new feature, Zenith (and Err.. hopefully). Keep up the good work.
Is there anywere to see how many wars we have won and lost when not in a war?

agamemnon

We've been in five wars so far. I think I'm liking the format. Most of the responses in this thread so far are excellent. However, I have some recommendations:

1) I would like to see all gang members have viewing access to Gang Summary and Upgrade Gang. It will make them feel more involved in the process.

2) Eventually, I would like to see more risk involved in attacking. In particular, I would hope that gangs will eventually be liable to lose gang points as well. While we all complained about other gangs annihilating weaker ones, there was something attractive about playing this game under the risk of losing your gang. The element of risk was exciting in much the same way as, say, skydiving where the thrill was in diving but there is always a risk that the parachute won't open.

3) In the old system, players joined gangs and gang families largely for the protection that they provided. Will this element be diminished under the new system? Will presidents still be reluctant to attack bigger gangs or bigger gang families because of retaliation? The intimidation aspect of the old system was very effective (as long as it didn't regress to bullying). Will intimidation still be a factor?
Concerning gang points for war wins... If you aren't familiar with how I introduce things to the game I have the mentality of "let's keep it too low intentionally and increase if needed".

Why?

I don't like being in the position of taking things away from players. This always leads to people being upset. Keeping it low in the beginning and increasing it if need be makes changes a good thing for everyone. If a war victory gave out way too many gang points in the beginning and then was corrected, the gangs who already benefited from it can't be corrected, and everyone who didn't take advantage are behind.

I am monitoring every attack, every hideout repair, every refresh. I know I will be making some alterations to make it better. So have patience Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Reference URL's