AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Official Code Change : Gang Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Dormagonn

Anybody notice how the hideout refreshes up to 51% and then just stops COMPLETELY - I mean to heal 600 points with my biggest healing power of 6 and average of 4 will take me TONS of AP, loose me TONS of money in opportunity costs and it will take around 160 attempts (40 X 4 AP) making it 200 miuntes worth of refreshes down the drain just to start warring again ang getting 15 gang points (optimistically).

The point (i'm getting there) is to have the hideout refresh even after 51% - make it half-way slower, hell make it three times slower, just let it refresh automatically, because it really sets the gang members back a lot if they deside to have their hideout at full hitpoints.

Pretty please with cream and a cherry on top? Biggrin
thats why you need to have an active gang so you can ALL repair it
I was thinking! Ya watch out!!!

Would it be possible to bring in a more interactive pvp by giving points for attacking players. Now WAIT lemme FINISH!!

If you brought in something like this say 2pts for a mugging, 1pt if u leave them, and 0pts if u brutalize or hosp. Only while u were at war and then we would well feel more usefull?
how about giving reputation points after attacking someone...let's say some1 who has a higher lvl..but not many points

Dormagonn

andyscho Wrote:thats why you need to have an active gang so you can ALL repair it

yup. still expenses are TOO BIG
alinutza Wrote:how about giving reputation points after attacking someone...let's say some1 who has a higher lvl..but not many points

We dont have reputation anymore....

mudpies

only posting this because a few folks said they didn't understand the concern.

at lvl 20 I get 43 AP to repair the hideout with. If I were at a lvl/stat ratio comparable to most I'd have a lot more AP to spend.

And for anyone to try and shut someone up by telling them to "quite bitching" is lame. this is a huge change. some people don't get it or miss the old way. their opinions deserve to be heard.

even if it's a drunken opinion, right Slicky? lol
However Mud, the higher lvl you are the more AP it costs you to repair, so they can only repair the same no of times and they wont necessarily get a higher return.
If you look at it from Pestilances view this new code may just add a bit of fun back into the game again for them as they will actually have to worry about being attacked. This restores some of the initial challenge back for them.

will it take getting used to....Yes...but in the long run after a bit of tweaking and gangs upgrading their hideouts wars will last longer and take more strategy as if you have a whole gang in the hospital you can still repair your hideout. where as before you were unable to help in a war at all from the hospital.

Gang size and activity will be rewarded nondonators will be able to help in wars despite their levels or stats which will mean that more of them may get into gangs as an shift from the most powerful players to the most active players takes place. Now this doesnt mean stats dont mean a thing because it does...better stats means better damage and better repairs, more powerful still mean you can attack players and make the war a bit easier, but strategy will eventually need to be used. Get involved in wars and play around with the new system as right now you dont really lose anything if you lose. Take this grace period to get to understand the ins and outs of the new system and develop the strategy that will eventually be needed.
Howlsong Wrote:We dont have reputation anymore....

i was reffering to each plazer reputation..as a stat u can train or need to get a promotion in a job..that kind of reputation...not reffering to gangs Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Reference URL's