AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Official Code Change : Gang Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

zappafrank

thanks for everything Zenith!

it's gonna take a minute to get use to all this.

chumstain

i agree. thanks, zenith. however, shouldn't a hideout be hidden? it seems like there should be some reason to keep everybody from warring non-stop. It takes a lot of AP to fix a hideout and a lot of time. This really cuts into our ability to do crimes and make money. Donating seems much more necessary to making any progress now. I don't know how else someone is to keep their hideout in good shape and to have any in-game money.

badmanbren

Activity is a main part of the game, unless you're constantlly in attack then you have got time to make money. Remember you don't have to repair your hideout below 50% it recovers to 51% automatically. Attacks can only be attempted when your gangs hideout has more than 50% health.

chumstain

Yeah. I guess thats a start. Is there any way that the notice that you are at war could be red like the events notices? twice now members have overlooked the little green 1
Wars are to impersonel for me now. The old system opened dialect with the opponent. Alot of the people i talk to daily in AL are players i met through wars and the conflict it creates. Seems the emotionless new war system will alienate new players and increase drop out rate. Perhaps a new school/ old school option to war would satisfy everyone but for me i need one on one direct personal attacks to satisfy my need for ultra violence. Twisted

Dormagonn

Dingus I still communicate during wars - I don't see how this new code stops you from doing it :?
Skullie, its the lack of emotions that arise from attacks that are lacking. Last week i come on line to find my gang is in a war and someone hit me. First thing i do is retaliate. Now i come on line and a war i never saw happen is over. Immediatley i look at my stats and go on like nothing happened at all, cause nothing did happen to me personaly. I can see how a passive player would like this system, but quite boring for an agressive player. Simply find a gang with no one online and defeat them if you wanna earn points. Thats not war at all its terrorism.

Soney09

Dingus Wrote:Wars are to impersonel for me now. The old system opened dialect with the opponent. Alot of the people i talk to daily in AL are players i met through wars and the conflict it creates. Seems the emotionless new war system will alienate new players and increase drop out rate. Perhaps a new school/ old school option to war would satisfy everyone but for me i need one on one direct personal attacks to satisfy my need for ultra violence. Twisted

Dingus.. u still attack the people u r at war with.. thats how u stop them from attacking ur hideout Biggrin
I know the new code is quite different from what you are used to. I also knew I couldn't please everyone with it. But I do feel it is a better system than the old one. As for a higher drop-out rate I am not sure... our busiest 24-hour period has been the last 24 hours.
Yes shade i get that. But there is no watching your opponent squirm while you pulverise them, there is no negotiations on ending a war. No shake downs, etc. ect.

Perhaps its the old dog new tricks mentality, we shall see.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Reference URL's