AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Official Code Change : Gang Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

valleroy86

You know I have to agree with Zappa here.

Yes a lower leveled gang, even if all their members get hospitalized, can defend there hidout. Ok, but they'll never really be able attack and inflict damage, because they'll just gt sent right back to the hospital.

Only real chance I see they have, is if they stick to attacking lower leveled gangs. Or have secret squirrel ops and attack at night when people are sleeping and hope no one logs in. But even then, the gang they attacked I'm sure will retaliate.
how is that different than what was happening anyway?

zappafrank

before, every attack meant something (respect!)

now, I am attacking somebodies clubhouse with my sword.

now, I don't interact with people now during war (other than my gang members) unless I'm saying "thanks for hospitilizing me"

psudoderf

hello zenith if possible i know your busy right now there is no indicator of when a gang war is over when you beat a hideout a nice little victory sentance or at least a defeat message would bring an even bigger warm and fuzzy feeling after i have won a gang war

Scorpious

I think that players should not be able to be hospitalized if in a war. I am basically fighting against 3 or 4 players by myself and I was hospitalized because apparently they are scared that I could beat those 4. LOL And I started with only a 52% hideout. ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry arses must have actually been scared there. LOL

dayute

Before, there was no incentive for higher gangs to attack lower gangs. You didnt get any respect for beating people up that were much lower than you. Now you do.

Who this new system really screwed is people like me. Really high stats with low levels. I feel like I've wasted the last 3 months training but not levelling. This was awesome in the old setting because anyone that could beat me got very little respect off of me but I could beat higher levels raking in the respect.

There's no reason now for a higher level gang not to crush every lower level gang and build their hideout up to the point where no-one can beat it. I think we definately need a level incentive in the code to even it out.

Cradle of Filth versus Trenchtown was a good example. F'n lame I think.

playajam

i think u just served up an epic serving dayute!
Remember...no threat of losing the gang....or losing respect Smile...there are ways to defend against stats...remember...ap refreshes everywhere but jail Smile..

organization...as said, is key
Bad Mutha's declared on us and we were able to defend and beat them....That would have never happened in the previous format so I will stick by my liking the changes and looking forward to providing good feedback to Zenith in hopes that it gets even better.

Scorpious

Definitely like the new gang deal myself as well. Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Reference URL's