AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Official Code Change : Gang Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

thawdgharp

My thoughts (not trying to hijack, this is just one player's opinion):

honestly, fighting wars with this new format isn't fun (for me).

I wish I did, but I don't. As much as I'd hate to break my blood oath and leave my gang, I think right now I'd rather not be in any gang. So far, since the changes, the benefits of being in a gang seem to be outweighed by the costs (constantly being at war with super strong gangs).

Since the changes, I feel forced to use all my stims and AP to fight the wars, which may or may not result in a couple gang points... which we may or may not use to upgrade our hideout.. so our future wars can last longer? so i can use even MORE AP and stims???

My only constructive feedback:

Maybe we could have a gang war system that's kind of a combination of the new and the old?

nbsvtvt

That's what I was thinking, some sort of hybrid. Where you get points for attacking the gang as well as defeating the hideout.
will that not make the the super strong gangs even more powerful?

SteelCurtain1979

I was gone for a while and came back to the new gang war code.
I know that I do not like it, I have been in the hospital each time I have logged into the game.

Being bullied by a larger more powerful gang that we have no chance of winning a war is not my idea of fun.

thawdgharp

in any case, this new stuff is not fun to me. i'll keep checking back to see if it gets smoothed out into something i enjoy.. so, i'm not just giving up on the game entirely, just yet.

here's an analogy describing how i feel:

it's like i got a sega genesis for christmas. YAY! so i go to the mall, go to the video game store, spend lots of time and $$ shopping for games, come home, and WHOOSH!! my sega genesis has changed into a super nintendo.

too bad i didn't keep my receipt for all those games i bought! i guess i'll just go outside and play hopscotch instead.

(if you don't get the analogy and need an explanation, let me know..)
If you are in the hospital use your ap to repair your hideout

and you do stand a chance against the bigger stronger gangs. We defeated the Bad Muthas not because we are stronger, as they are obviously stronger tahn we are. We just had more active players and a better understanding of the new gang war code.

thawdgharp

Yeah, I see what you're saying. You don't see what I'm saying.

We beat the Bad Muthas too... but then again, we used to pwn them in the old warring system anyway!! Twisted

My point is, when we beat them, it didn't provide me with any sense of satisfaction and enjoyment, for whatever reason. I couldn't give two ____s about my hideout, to be honest.

sorry to seem like such a drag, i'm just sad cause i miss my sega genesis.

nbsvtvt

What would be great is if the super nintendo could play all of the sega genesis games.
I see everyones point...The new gang code isnt all that different than the previous one. You can still get you satifaction from beating the people in the other gang, The only True difference is that weaker gangs with more active players now stand a chance. You need more people online on a consistant basis.

The 499er family of gangs if they were organized into a more singular force(no i am not saying one gang) they would be able to own just about the whole server as it would be very hard for 1 gang to withstand an attack by 3 or more gangs. me personally I prefer this method as my members can now contribute in war where they couldnt before. I know I cant beat Silversurfer in a fight...nor can i beat most of Bad Muthas in a fight but not I can at least attack them and stand a chance.

The things people are complaining about happened repeatedly in the old code as well....waiting until a gang was mostly offline, The bullying by stronger gangs, etc .. If you see a problem with the code instead of complaining offer up solutions or ways to make it better. Give Zenith a hand as all she is trying to do is make the game fair for all and this code is much more fair to all than the previous one.

SteelCurtain1979

I will remain patient as I begin to understand the new code, and addapt to the game as I have many times in the past.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Reference URL's