Official Code Change : Gang Wars
2007.Jul.09, 02:25 AM
Official Code Change : Gang Wars
EDIT - Added some Gang Hideout Definitions

The gang-war system will have some radical changes from the current system today around 2pm server time. Gone will be individual fights for respect. Instead, gangs will have turf wars based on attacking the other gang's hideout.

Gang wars will consist of attacking an opponent's hideout, or defending one's own hideout.

Attacking will utilize one's attack ability and weapons (some combat weapons will have a greater impact in gang wars than in person-to-person combat). Each attack will use action points equal to 1 non-donator refresh.
Defending will require resistance and planning. Players in the hospital or jail will still have an impact in helping defend one's hideout, but to a lesser degree.

Each gang war will generate gang points that can be used to upgrade an existing hideout. Hideouts with damage will slowly regenerate themselves to a point, and can also be repaired to hasten the gang's ability to fight again.

Gang wars will require active players, strong tactics, and solid planning to win instead of the former "get the strongest player you can" system. Gangs cannot be deleted from the game with the new system, but a defeat in combat might cost the loser time in repairing their hideout. A time-buffer will also prevent harassment attacks against weak gangs due to the rate of hideout repair refresh rates.

While much of the new system has been tested and designed for better balance than the current system, it will take some time to get things right. So what might be the case today might alter as time goes on.

We are hoping this new gang-war system will be more interactive, balanced, and fun.

Some Gang War Rating Definitions
Gang Capacity is the maximum amount of members your gang can have. No other gang rating can be more than the gang capacity number. So if you have a capacity of 5, your hideout repair cannot be greater than 5.

Hideout Defense Rating is similar to hit points for your hideout. During war, if this number drops below zero the war will end and you will lose.

Hideout Refresh Rating is a bonus to your gang defense rating refresh, similar to energy refresh for players. Your defense rating refreshes automatically every 5 minutes. Refresh rate is not constant, as their is a randomness to it. The auto-refresh stops once your hideout defense rating is around 50% of its maximum value.

Hideout Hardening Rating is similar to armor for your hideout. This number will reduce damage caused by your enemies, but cannot drop their damage to zero.

Hideout Repair Rating is a bonus to repairing and defending your hideout. Each repair / defense of your hideout will have this number added.

Gang Combat Rating is a replacement of the old gang combat bonus. This number is added to your combat effectiveness when performing an individual player v. player attack. It has no effect on war capability.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jul.09, 02:55 AM

Sounds great Zen.. Biggrin

Gonna be interesting to see how just this works out and i definetly love the idea of "get the strongest player you can" thing out the window lol

So it will be more down to strategic thinking .. 8)

Simply Brilliant, I love it. :wink:
2007.Jul.09, 02:56 AM

:shock: sound awesome Biggrin
2007.Jul.09, 05:00 AM

this sounds like it will be alot of fun, more thinking and planning than just pick a weak gang and pound on them.
2007.Jul.09, 05:18 AM

I cant wait to try it out for you Smile....*turns clock hands forward*

doh
2007.Jul.09, 05:48 AM

yea, I don't like it.

j/k :wink:
2007.Jul.09, 05:52 AM

all for this one
2007.Jul.09, 06:29 AM

Life is gonna get a lil interesting on al for a bit, lmao :wink:

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2007.Jul.09, 06:59 AM

This sounds great.

I like that tactics will be needed and there isnt an emphasis on the strongest players. Hopefully now non-donators will be able to help their gang as much as donators!!

Furthermore I am hoping that gang wars become a fun part of the game!!

Well done Zenith and game staff.

**goes to prepare for war**
2007.Jul.09, 07:59 AM

I cant wait till 2:01 pm.... Twisted