Official Code Change : Gang Wars
2007.Jul.09, 02:31 PM

I understand that.. I think we should be able to see "gang war updates" for wars we aren't involved in! I always enjoyed watching certain gangs get pwned on the gang wars page!! (DareDevil's gangs, etc)
2007.Jul.09, 02:44 PM

My fear of this new system is this. My gang attacks a gang. We are winning. Next thing you know another gang attacks the same gang we did. The second attacking gang loses before we exhaust the defenders hideout. Both attacking gangs are now defeated!

:shock:
2007.Jul.09, 02:48 PM

Dingus Wrote:My fear of this new system is this. My gang attacks a gang. We are winning. Next thing you know another gang attacks the same gang we did. The second attacking gang loses before we exhaust the defenders hideout. Both attacking gangs are now defeated!

:shock:

Can't declare on a gang with less than 50% defense rating. So chances are they can't really snipe.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jul.09, 03:00 PM

Its definitly going to be interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what's going to happen.
2007.Jul.09, 03:15 PM

how are attack points / defense points decided more specifically? the points are incredibly random in my opinion, so i dont really understand the distribution
2007.Jul.09, 03:22 PM

abysmalpoptart Wrote:how are attack points / defense points decided more specifically? the points are incredibly random in my opinion, so i dont really understand the distribution

The numbers are generated using a random number generator. Range for attacking and defending is based on stats and items as well as gang upgrades. The low is 1. The high is different for each player based on the above.

As we continue to tweak the system, active gang members will have an affect on the low numbers. At the moment I wanted to keep the new code simple in case of any bugs Smile

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jul.09, 03:22 PM

Thanks Z, hope you set alot of time aside to train us...lol. I noticed there is a leave button on gang page. Leave war or leave gang?
2007.Jul.09, 03:23 PM

well im still lost cuz one of our higher level members repeatedly got 1 and highest dmg was 20, while my lowest was 8, average was 20, and high was 35. im lost!
2007.Jul.09, 03:24 PM

Once you put a gang below "0" how do you know the war is over? Is it even over? The option to attack or defend is gone and no respect is gained on a one on one basis. Do we still ask for a surrender?

So how do we as a group know that it is finished?
2007.Jul.09, 03:24 PM

it says you have overcome the gang and they have to repair their hideout before they can fight again. it automatically stops the war when you beat em