AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Gang Wars and Gang Battles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
zenith Wrote:The mail I receive in-game tells me that gang wars are pillow-fights with no use.

As i said before, i believe this is caused by the fact that gangs dont have functions/upgrades that help individuals too much. There's only the Combat Rating. The money made from OC usually goes in the gnag vault for upgading the gang capacity, so where're the rewards that players should get for being in a gang?
"great majority seems to be against it."

just to be clear... i was referring to the part about losing a slot in ones gang.

im all for making some war code changes and look forward to whatever is to come. i just dont like the idea of potentially losing a slot. i liked the old code better than the current (as a whole), so i am excited to see the PvP aspects coming back.
Wow don't take off 2 hours and not read all the posts.....

Anyways, if I had a choice on losing a gang slot, I would say no. I like Err's idea of having things restricted from being used for your gang. That makes it harder for the gang to succeed and won't sacrifice a member and/or slot. Like Conrad says, I would hate to have to pick which one would lose out in the gang, I have great members.
Conrad1103 Wrote:"great majority seems to be against it."

just to be clear... i was referring to the part about losing a slot in ones gang.

im all for making some war code changes and look forward to whatever is to come. i just dont like the idea of potentially losing a slot. i liked the old code better than the current (as a whole), so i am excited to see the PvP aspects coming back.

Well what kind of consequences are appropriate for losing? I know gangs that have spent a lot to upgrade their slots are apprehensive to losing slots, but several players in these big gangs also say there is no way to eliminate other gangs.

Dragon

I possess this eery feeling, in my hollow gut, about the intriguing idea, of potentially losing a gang slot, that is with out a shadow of a doubt perceived incredibly valuable; especially in the "long-run". I am also not entirely certain, that I can wrap my rather primitive mind around the clouded concept, of a gang being, how could I put it softly.. "punished", for some thing that they could have little, or no control of, for that unfortunate matter. I imagine that I am experiencing more of a feeling, and less of a thought, if that maintains any logical sense. How ever, as usual, I will eventually arise in to acceptance, what ever the conclusion may be.

:?
I foresee constant declarations of war on larger gangs, and them losing all their slots. This is like saying if you are a gang you must war to stay alive.

For example, I get declared war on 5 times in a day and lose them all, therefore I am punished 5/12 slots to rebuy, plus all the stims/bars etc needed to try to win. And if you don't war you get no respect. Sort of a catch 22 situation. If you have a gang YOU must war.
"but several players in these big gangs also say there is no way to eliminate other gangs"

so... the concern is that bigger gangs are unhappy with the number of gangs?

if you want to cut down on the number of gangs, how about;

1 - a gang must have at least 3 (or 4, 5?) members within X days of creation. and... a gang cannot have below that amount for more than X days. otherwise, the gang is automatically lost. this ALSO means, that there cannot be 1-2 active members and 2,5,10, inactive members. there must be X active memebers at all times. if the gang falls below the established standard, then the gang should be lost. how about that? does that make sense?

right now... half the existing gangs would be eliminated with this logic/rule.

look at all the 1,2, and 3 man gangs. thats not a gang. thats a partnership. look at all the inactive gangs. get those guys outta here. we could cut the current gangs in half, with some rules/standards for creating and maintaining gangs - if thats the concern.

dont punish the active gangs and active players, by losing a gang slot, b/c they upset a big level player and cant beat up SV, DM, etc.

as for "what kind of consequences should there be for losing".. im nto sure yet. i need to think about it. BUT... the idea of losing respect, like you mentioned, is pretty humiliating and of consequence. plus, you dont "gain" anything for losing (points, respect, money)- thats of consequence. eventually, the weaker gangs may weed themselves out by dropping out of the weak gang or going inactive. (?).
The first 2 to 3 pages show a lot of like towards the original topic, and the following pages show a lot of dislike for slot deletion. Overall it still seems split to me. For some odd reason those who have expressed their desire to have gang deletions back via in-game mail are magically silent, and those against slot deletion have posted multiple times in this topic.

But like the original post says, it's an idea. More ideas have come (via mail and here)...

1.) Gang points are at stake in battles, with no deletion of anything. Only loss is gang points. Once a gang is out of gang points they can't be milked for more. Points earned are similar to the old respect code where strength differences dictate how much is earned (for example a level 20 hitting a level 1 gets no points, so it's worthless for them to even do this). No one knows the current level of an opponent's gang point total.
2.) Battles lost result in the gang not being able to do anything for a 4 hour period. They cannot add any members nor can members leave. Money in the vault is stuck. Wars cannot be declared.
3.) Battles lost result in the gang not getting any bonuses for a set time. No combat bonuses or any of the future bonuses in the plans.

Again, these are ideas.
zen.. what do you think of the idea i had for reducing gangs?

silent people..emailing zen ingame.....speak up.

::lurkers.....::
Conrad1103 Wrote:zen.. what do you think of the idea i had for reducing gangs?

silent people..emailing zen ingame.....speak up.

::lurkers.....::

It's a good idea but best discussed in a different topic Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Reference URL's