AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: New Attack Code Live for TESTING
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

cheetah

Privies to decide who is a good idea, except you don't know if they WANT to participate in a mass attack.

I'm sticking with the check box button--invite people to attack with you, they have a couple mins, choose yes or no, and they're either in or not.

Getting attacked by multiple people, we obviously get no choice, but I think we should on attacking, both on agreeing to be in on the attack, and on picking who you want to fight with you.

I am not against having a whole gang attack one person, I just think each person included in the attack should have the right to agree or disagree to join in...

As a higher level, I would be in for most attacks, I am speaking on behalf of those in gangs with extremely diverse levels, where the lower ones, if automatically involved, are put into the fight. It doesn't seem fair for them. AND asking if All go to the hosp, if bc everyone in the district is involved, goes to the hosp bc all levels are automatically involved, meaning some losing....dp the ones that shouldn't lose go to the hosp as well?
"invite people to attack with you, they have a couple mins, choose yes or no, and they're either in or not."

Wouldn't be a good idea if you need to get someone in a rush. Waiting for people to agree to attack with you would leave them too much time to attack all of you in return.

Another reason why I chose the group of 3 people thing. If any of those people're in the same district as you, they will automatically join in the attack, much like a real gang would do. Prevents the whole gang from being in the same fight and ruining the rosters.
yeah might have to be a default max...then a bonus skill that allows more than 3 members or something...teamwork skill or class dunno

btw...i only skimmed this read...im not at work or in school or ce classes...so f learning except my rosetta stone ....i dont have brain cells for learning except while watching r lee ermey
(2010.Jan.13 09:38 PM)Punisher Wrote: [ -> ]yeah might have to be a default max...then a bonus skill that allows more than 3 members or something...teamwork skill or class dunno

Start with a max of 2, every 2 skill levels gains you 1 team-mate for your attack posse. That'd be awesome.
what if instead of a skill, a hideout stat, would finally give the bigger hideouts something to work for again...

initially start at 2 or 3 available attackers with a rating of zero..

with every increase in the hideout rating, you get an extra attacker...
Connie has a good point... if one can attack multiple then the inverse should be an option too for balance. I am glad we are having this discussion, because I feel it will better balance things for the better.

The idea of multiple members joining in on a gang hit was for the primary attacker to pick who they joined up with. Making it cost GP was to prevent it from being used 100% of the time.

As a test we had 30 players in one gang fight 30 players in another. It lasted 300 rounds, and half on both sides were sent to the hospital before the cops came. It took 3 minutes for the combat to finish haha. Not sure we should be busting out with that many combatants, but would be fun to schedule those things to be run when the server is slow.
(2010.Jan.14 01:04 AM)zenith Wrote: [ -> ]Connie has a good point... if one can attack multiple then the inverse should be an option too for balance. I am glad we are having this discussion, because I feel it will better balance things for the better.

The idea of multiple members joining in on a gang hit was for the primary attacker to pick who they joined up with. Making it cost GP was to prevent it from being used 100% of the time.

As a test we had 30 players in one gang fight 30 players in another. It lasted 300 rounds, and half on both sides were sent to the hospital before the cops came. It took 3 minutes for the combat to finish haha. Not sure we should be busting out with that many combatants, but would be fun to schedule those things to be run when the server is slow.

Now THAT is a gang battle

Behemit

some thing is very wrong here ...

this is with the old code :

Attack Type Overpowered by Defender
Attack Result Loss
Total Combat Rounds 48
Experience Points Earned -105.0
Hospital Minutes for Loser 56
Attack Time Jan 14 2010 - 3:34:00 am
Defender's Last Action Prior to Attack Jan 13 2010 - 3:45:58 pm

Combatants Behelit #######
Level During Fight 32 29
Starting Health 1650 Healthy
Hits 13 7
Best Hit 334 294
Gang Points 0 0
Totals
Total Damage Received 1,706 1,963
Total Damage Resisted 7 1,037
Total Damage Taken 1,699 926
Averages
Damage Received Per Hit 243.71 151.00
Damage Resisted Per Hit 1.00 79.77
Actual Damage Taken Per Hit 242.71 71.23

and this with the new :

Attack Type Leave
Total Combatants 2
Attack Result Win
Total Combat Rounds 23
Experience Points Earned 352.0
Attack Time Jan 14 2010 - 3:33:43 am
Encumbrance Rate 0.012
Weapon Used Ionized RazorWhip
Melee Bonus No
Ranged Bonus No
Defense Bonus No
Gang Backup No
Gang Protection No
Hits 19 (82.6%)
Damage Dealt 2834 (149.2)
Damage Resisted 5 (0.3)
Best Hit 314
Hits from Opponent(s) 5 (21.7%)
Damage Received from Opponent(s) 281 (56.2)
Damage Resisted by Opponent(s) 1315 (263.0)
Best Hit by Opponent(s) 94

Below are all opponents involved in the battle.
#####
Attack Result Loss
Opponent's Level 29
Experience Points Earned -17.6
Last Action Time Jan 13 2010 - 3:45:58 pm
Encumbrance Rate 0.862
Weapon Used Melee
Armor Worn Yes
Helmet Worn Yes
Hits 5
Damage Dealt 281
Damage Resisted 1315
Best Hit 94
Hits from Opponent(s) 19
Damage Received from Opponent(s) 2834
Damage Resisted by Opponent(s) 5
Best Hit by Opponent(s) 314

as i see it evassion is much more useful with the new code

JohnRambo

I would be interested to know the extent of the GP involved. There is 2 ways of thinking about this.

1) Do we as a community want to be able to use this on a regular basis?
If so then the Gp's should be small.

2) Do we as a community want it to be a infreguent event, used very rarely?
If so then the Gp's should be high.

But to my way of thinking, it would seem this has to be one of the biggest upgrades to the game in a long time and would be wasted if it were rarely used, (like the backup/protect options... Connie exempt)

Personnaly, if its a 3 person jump, then the Gp's I feel should be somewhere along the lines of 25 gp.

On another note, in testing half the players involved got sacked out in hosp when they were successful. I think this would be wrong. If its a 3 man jump and they win, then your buddies will help you out and you wont go to hosp. I think a successful Gang jump should leave those who were involved, and would have been hosped, in a "near death" status but alive and not in hosp.
(2010.Jan.14 03:52 AM)JohnRambo Wrote: [ -> ]I would be interested to know the extent of the GP involved. There is 2 ways of thinking about this.

1) Do we as a community want to be able to use this on a regular basis?
If so then the Gp's should be small.

2) Do we as a community want it to be a infreguent event, used very rarely?
If so then the Gp's should be high.

But to my way of thinking, it would seem this has to be one of the biggest upgrades to the game in a long time and would be wasted if it were rarely used, (like the backup/protect options... Connie exempt)

Personnaly, if its a 3 person jump, then the Gp's I feel should be somewhere along the lines of 25 gp.

On another note, in testing half the players involved got sacked out in hosp when they were successful. I think this would be wrong. If its a 3 man jump and they win, then your buddies will help you out and you wont go to hosp. I think a successful Gang jump should leave those who were involved, and would have been hosped, in a "near death" status but alive and not in hosp.

Are the guys buddies Doctors? if he is near death his buddies wouldn't take him to the hosp themselves?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Reference URL's