AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: New Attack Code Live for TESTING
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Fixed an issue with the hosp attack looking in the wrong location for certain stats, so now the hosp attack should no longer be EASIER than a leave attack. I may have missed some things though, since it's several thousand lines of code Smile

JR and RJ (lol) bring up a good idea. Medical docs being useful in combat (maybe as they dodge Connie's grenades)? I am not sure if combat healing is quite where I want to go with this, but perhaps if a medic is in the fight and you win your buddies have their hosp times reduced based on the rank of the medic. Just a thought.

JohnRambo

In answer to your Q Rj.

So right now we have either win/lose/stale

thats it 1v1

either win (stay alive)
either lose (go hosp)
stale (jail>?? sometimes)

This new code is a whole new ball game. If its 2v1 or 3v1 then there has to be the same result. If I take my gang mates to fill someone in, and we kick the shit out of him, we are all gonna leave together, regardless. You don't leave your fallen comrades behind, or they will get a hosp/jail when the cops arrest them for GBH. Nice you leave you 2 buddies behind while you run off, they cop a hosp stay AND a jail term when they get out of A/E.

Has to be the same as a 1v1 win/lose/draw with either all walking away or all falling together.
(2010.Jan.14 04:46 AM)JohnRambo Wrote: [ -> ]In answer to your Q Rj.

So right now we have either win/lose/stale

thats it 1v1

either win (stay alive)
either lose (go hosp)
stale (jail>?? sometimes)

This new code is a whole new ball game. If its 2v1 or 3v1 then there has to be the same result. If I take my gang mates to fill someone in, and we kick the drek out of him, we are all gonna leave together, regardless. You don't leave your fallen comrades behind, or they will get a hosp/jail when the cops arrest them for GBH. Nice you leave you 2 buddies behind while you run off, they cop a hosp stay AND a jail term when they get out of A/E.

Has to be the same as a 1v1 win/lose/draw with either all walking away or all falling together.

Your original post only addressed one thing from what I see... Hosp times. Now zens suggestion of reduced time with a medic there could be valid, if someone needs to go to the hosp because in a multi battle the guy getting jumped kicked the crap outta one of them and left them near death, he would need a hosp stay...

As for being Jailed if the cops show up because a fight took too long, then if enough cops showed up then the ones caught would still go to jail...

Unless they wanted to try and fight the cops that arrived on scene.
(2010.Jan.14 04:46 AM)JohnRambo Wrote: [ -> ]If I take my gang mates to fill someone in, and we kick the drek out of him, we are all gonna leave together, regardless. You don't leave your fallen comrades behind,

In turn you dont take your fallen comrades with 16 bullet wounds and 10" lacerations back to you hideout, base, house for tea and cookies. If in the fight they get taken below 0 hp they need medical help, its much the same in every game out there.

JohnRambo

(2010.Jan.14 05:54 AM)MrHyde Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.Jan.14 04:46 AM)JohnRambo Wrote: [ -> ]If I take my gang mates to fill someone in, and we kick the drek out of him, we are all gonna leave together, regardless. You don't leave your fallen comrades behind,

In turn you dont take your fallen comrades with 16 bullet wounds and 10" lacerations back to you hideout, base, house for tea and cookies. If in the fight they get taken below 0 hp they need medical help, its much the same in every game out there.

Ok then, so I have a fight with you and end up in critical, but win, ive taken 10 hits and have 10 bullets lodged in my head, yet I won the fight, how come I dont go to hospital then? Your argument is lame and flawed.
(2010.Jan.13 08:46 PM)cheetah Wrote: [ -> ]None of you are Zen, and none of you are answering my question.

Pun, Nightrain, Weebay, BLACKCLOUDS, and Howl, are not in the same gang.

They cannot team up together, as is my understanding.

but thanks Tommi for assuming I'm not worth teaming up with in a mass battle! What time do you go offline? Just for a sampling....

haha! OVERLOOK'D
(2010.Jan.14 06:15 AM)JohnRambo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.Jan.14 05:54 AM)MrHyde Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok then, so I have a fight with you and end up in critical, but win, ive taken 10 hits and have 10 bullets lodged in my head, yet I won the fight, how come I dont go to hospital then? Your argument is lame and flawed.

You win the fight and still have hp left, In game terms (not just this game, game in general) you are still consious, so can limp off to whatever back alley doctor you want to. But when you go below 0 you are unconsious and cant sort yourself.

Now I see what your trying to say about if one member is still above 0 why cant he throw his buddys on his back and drag them to the back alley doctor with him
but this is a game so it cant be like RL in many ways, there has to be rewards and punishments so to speak for doing things. If you fight someone and win how would you feel about having a hosp stay because your hp is below its max, not having the hosp stay is your reward as the winner, in turn if you loss and go below 0 your hosp stay is your punishment as the loser.

So we come to the gang up option, if you make the choice (and im going on that its not random, you can pick if you want to gang up or not) to gang up then you should not be made exempt from going to hosp if you go below 0 hp, thats the risk you took adding your body to the attack. Or it becomes no fear option as you know if your group win but you get taken below 0, you cant be rehit because your hp will be to low, you will not go to hosp so will cost you no lost gaming time, will cost you no money (stims)

My "point" follows the way it is in every rpg, mmo etc game out there.

JohnRambo

(2010.Jan.14 07:34 AM)MrHyde Wrote: [ -> ]Or it becomes no fear option as you know if your group win but you get taken below 0, you cant be rehit because your hp will be to low, you will not go to hosp so will cost you no lost gaming time, will cost you no money (stims)

Well there is another way to look at this.

Lets say for instance, you take my point that if your gang jump works you all walk away, maybe 2 of you with 1 hp and the other in fair condition.

Your target has been eliminated.

If you were in a gang war, then the consequences would be worse for the attackers. Reason... in a few refreshes they will be in serious and available to rape gp from. Also the consequences would mean that to avoid that scenario, you would need to use nimbus, at a much greater cost, than would have been the case for stims.

So there you have both the reward and consequences.
Hyde.... don't worry about responding to rambo, he is a bit slow... he doesn't get the difference between critical and near death...

It's okay rambo you are right... widgey widgey...

cheetah

(2010.Jan.14 01:04 AM)zenith Wrote: [ -> ]The idea of multiple members joining in on a gang hit was for the primary attacker to pick who they joined up with.

I like the original attacker being able to pick who fights with them!

Do the people they choose have an option in this--whether to say no, or to eat a nimbus if they are just in good first, or if you're chosen it automatically happens?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Reference URL's