AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: This Contest is rigged.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

ShadowKid

I knew that i was just testing you to see if you are alert :wink: lol

xSleekx

This was a good idea in theory but the way it plays out is bad. It rewards seemingly random players who have some mystical combination of skills / stats / weapons with 100% wins / massive exp and other possible rewards for winning the contest while others almost always lose because of their distribution of items skills stats etc.

I'd much rather see ghouls that everyone has a similar win loss % so it comes down to who works hardest for it. Why not just make the ghouls very weak so everyone gets a nice exp day and has an equal chance at winning instead of this?

It's just not worth it for most... no possible way to win with less then 85% win chance or so and only a select few have that. By the time people figure out how to win (ie high RES ?) theres NO possible way to remedy that and pull out a win for the contest.

Meh !
I still say what I said earlier shines true. Not the Unique items but melee/range.

you are level 22 and have have

25 acc
15 str
25 dex
22 res

level 4 in shotguns your a very good range person.

The ghoul has the same stats but uses your strength to hit high. Check the top ten how many use shotguns? Or Another ranged weapon.

But then again only way to know 100% is after the contest have Zen explain to use how the ghouls worked.
DirkDanja Wrote:2 is not a winner and 3 nobody remembers

All I remember is the guy who in over 200 tries, never lost to a ghoul...

LordSkie

I have to agree, it all depends on what you want the contest to achieve I guess. It's pretty hard to get a level playing field where everyone has the same chance, but I'm sure this really hasn't achieved it.

Things that are purely activity based could also, arguably, screw people over. A possibility could be limiting it to 10 ghouls per person, which act like identical copies of yourself. Then whoever kills the most (or takes the least damage in a tie) wins, that's 100% random.

Or activity based contests like old, where whoever spends the largest % of their total energy for the day wins.

But it's gonna be bad for someone whatever, since we can't all be on at the beginning of every competition, and we can't guarantee playing throughout every competition. Win some, lose some.
LordSkie Wrote:I have to agree, it all depends on what you want the contest to achieve I guess. It's pretty hard to get a level playing field where everyone has the same chance, but I'm sure this really hasn't achieved it.

Things that are purely activity based could also, arguably, screw people over. A possibility could be limiting it to 10 ghouls per person, which act like identical copies of yourself. Then whoever kills the most (or takes the least damage in a tie) wins, that's 100% random.

Or activity based contests like old, where whoever spends the largest % of their total energy for the day wins.

But it's gonna be bad for someone whatever, since we can't all be on at the beginning of every competition, and we can't guarantee playing throughout every competition. Win some, lose some.

so true, cant make everyone happy.
beer/firework contest = complete luck
xmas contest = activity
ghoul contest = people who are dedicated.
Dedication, LikeWoah? Seriously? Oh goodness, I better get right back on that band wagon and attack 100 times to lose about 85 of 'em. Dedication's gonna win it for me. :roll:

Dedication and activity was for the christmas contest. Try a different word for this contest.
dedication = how far you'll go to find the trick.

the second i found out someone didnt lose a single battle against the ghouls, i spent about 800k to find out how he did it (i did not pay him off), and on top of that a lot more for the refreshes.
Yeah..Of course. I've tried to find the trick, and finally found it. And the trick doesn't help, either, in some cases.

Some people will constantly stalemate, some people will constantly lose, and some people are constantly winning with this 'trick.'
It's like Trick or treat. It sure got some Halloween theme to it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Reference URL's