AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Please Do Not Take Offense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

JadedRadiance

JaySin Wrote:Why dont you people understand the Random Element of a GAME CHARACTER.... IT MEANS NOTHING....WOW just WOW

Yes, but the aspect you seem to not be understanding is that to a lot of people, that isn't just a meaningless symbol like it may be to you. I have no idea what the ethnicity or religious beliefs of most of the people in this game are, but to any blacks or jews who log into the forums and see a swastika as someone's avatar, that isn't going to be a pleasant experience for them. Especially if they have ever been the target of a hate crime or knew someone who was.

It is still a symbol associated with genocide, hatred, and white supremacy. Regardless of whatever meaning you apply to it, to the rest of the world it is a symbol of just that.

And to just "randomly" choose it as your avatar and tell people to "get over it, because it's just a game" is a bit naive...
grabtindy Wrote:
JaySin Wrote:the events of 9/11 were as tragic if not more than the actions of WW2 in the case of american's....

Are you retarded?

Over 9 million civilians died in the holocaust, 300,000 US troops were killed in combat; less than 10,000 Americans died on 9/11. Don't be a jackass, read a book. Get some perspective. How on earth you are surprised that people are offended by a swastika is beyond me.

I TAKE VERY STRONG OFFENSE TO THE TERM RETARDED!!!! I DEMAND HE BE REPREMANDED FOR THAT COMMENT OR IM JUST GONNA STOP PLAYING THIS GAME..... THAT WAS COMPLETELY UNCALLED FOR!!!!

Snoop

grabtindy Wrote:
JaySin Wrote:the events of 9/11 were as tragic if not more than the actions of WW2 in the case of american's....

Are you retarded?

Over 9 million civilians died in the holocaust, 300,000 US troops were killed in combat; less than 10,000 Americans died on 9/11. Don't be a jackass, read a book. Get some perspective. How on earth you are surprised that people are offended by a swastika is beyond me.

Thank you, that was the point I was trying to get at. How could you think that people weren't going to find something like that offensive. And I'm not saying other shitty things haven't happened but I'm sure if someone had an avatar that said KKK or whatever it would cause problems as well. But as you said, it's a free country, do what you want, but you have to deal with the repercussions of doing so. Shitty situation.
and for the record... im German Jewish and Czech.....i know what that symbol mean's...you guys need to pick up your tampon's and go on a make-up run.... ITS A GAME!!!!!!!!!

ShadowKid

lol could u imagine some 1 doing tht KKK on the avater every1 would hosp him till he changes it yo jaysin do urself a favour change to god damn avater
JaySin Wrote:and for the record... im German Jewish and Czech.....i know what that symbol mean's...you guys need to pick up your tampon's and go on a make-up run.... ITS A GAME!!!!!!!!!

Then you should have some respect for your people who were put to death by those marching under that flag.

DeathsHeartt

personally i dont think the symbol is offensive. Yes i know what hitler did. Yes i know all about the Holocaust. And yes i know that many people would get offended. I also know that the symbol originally meant good fortune, and just because one jackass screwed with a symbol doesn't mean its sacrilegious. However, one should follow the consensus, and if people believe its too offensive for it, it'd be best to remove it
Both were tragic, but Hitler did more than take out a few buildings and people. He hunted down millions of people and slaughtered them because of their nationality/race. He killed millions of people that protected these innocent people.

I have to agree with Grabtindy here, research this and understand. You can/may be part of the Aryan Reich, but the hatred that he created wiped out millions of innocent lives. To put the word Nazi in your character name or use the avatar is like condoning what he did.

ShadowKid

all in favour for the avater to be removed

i should be a judge Biggrin
i have GREAT respect for every Jew that was meaninglessly killed for thier country and brother's, i also have respect for the cause that put them there, you guys think you can just justify wat happened but you have no clue, that is THE LARGEST part of HISTORY as we know it. and it takes more than some briused ego's on an online game to even try to justify those actions
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Reference URL's