AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Phone Browser View
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I've tweaked the logged-in game pages to be a little easier to work with on phones. Let me know your thoughts. It has a top menu with three links (menu, refresh, stats) and the rest of the site attempts to fit into a narrow phone display. Some pages don't show exactly as I'd wish because they have wide tables filled with data. However, I've been using it the last week and it seems better on my blackberry and the iphone sim I use.
Give me the menu right off the bat. I like that you are thinking of us phone users Zen but so far I don't like the change. Mainly because I now have to press an extra link from my blackberry to get anywhere.

This update does condense the info on the page though which is nice for less scrolling. But I'd rather scroll than wait on an extra link.

I do appreciate your work in developing AL though for phone users.
(2009.Aug.05 04:50 PM)Joshiwa Wrote: [ -> ]Give me the menu right off the bat. I like that you are thinking of us phone users Zen but so far I don't like the change. Mainly because I now have to press an extra link from my blackberry to get anywhere.

This update does condense the info on the page though which is nice for less scrolling. But I'd rather scroll than wait on an extra link.

I do appreciate your work in developing AL though for phone users.

I had the menu right off the bad for about a month on test site and it just didn't feel right to me. With opera mini or the lame blackberry browser the scrolling took longer than adding the new separate menu page. Then again, I do have more links to scroll through.
this seems appropriate to ask for which phone is best for this game (i hope). exclude the iphone please.
(2009.Aug.05 04:55 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote: [ -> ]this seems appropriate to ask for which phone is best for this game (i hope). exclude the iphone please.

I personally like opera mini on the blackberry over the blackberry browser. However, I've only tested it on a blackberry and iphone. If there are phone emulators I'll gladly install and test on them.
I would like to not have a stats link that I have to click just to see my energy and ap. Would be much better if it was on every page so I knew no matter what I was doing.

I've never tried opera mini on my phone but I may now just to get a feel for where you are coming from Zen.
I use a T-Mobile G1. It has a full fledged browser and the regular pages load and look great.

I know of two others who use the G1 too.

I like the G1 because it has both a real QWERTY keyboard, as well as an on-screen one. Typing large messages would suck on a virtual keyboard (at least in my opinion).

The browser on the G1 uses the Webkit rendering engine, which is the same as on the iPhone, and Google Chrome, if any of you use that for your browser.

I can pick up the phone, and throw down a full train and a couple of crimes in about 30 seconds when I'm not near my computer.
Other than the one night where I almost gave in and tried Biff beef, I never get all mushy over anything in this game, but this improvement for the Iphone makes me want to make out with you Zen! The fact that Conrad hates it just gravy....

As for improvements-I too would like to see my app instead of stats on the main page, also having the login in the center of the start page would be spiffy as well, as people logging in VIA phone would most likely not need the links to preview screens or registration screens.

Thank you Zen, this will make on the go playing much more efficient. And seriously, is there anyone in the game you like more than a friend? Winky
Can you make it so it ask if you want to use the mobile site or the regular site?
how about the blackberry curve 8330, anyone have it? does it have a mouse/toggle and keyboard?

i didnt say i hate the changes for the iphone. i just dotn like the iphone. i tried it for AL once before and didnt like it. i dont like touch screens in general. gay - like thrillhouse.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's