AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Enough is Enough – I’m Leaving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thor

(2009.Apr.07 04:44 AM)Druchii Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009.Apr.06 01:06 AM)zenith Wrote: [ -> ]Every time I've attempted a somewhat tier-like structure to PvP it hasn't been met with much acceptance. I always feel like all it does it take away from those who have earned their power.

I believe that power levels should be a decisive factor in judging hospital stays. Hosping someone way below you should a deal a way lower hospital stay then two equals going at it.

I've heard the arguments about DR (diminishing returns) on attacks and restrictions on who you could attack, f.ex. you can't attack people beneath 50%-70% of your power. Actions such as these promotes teamwork and counters one man armies.

People will bitch and whine against any form of change that doesn't involve giving away tons of free stuff to everyone, and then the argument will seize. The main point of argue I have heard so far is that people have worked to get where they are now, and donated etc, but should that work against those that have just started up? This is a game without restarts, meaning that every gets to keep their headstarts vs the people that are just joining up.

Would actually be nice to see attack restrictions based on power level, and it could actually help vs the lynch mobs people make out of boredom.

The problem with that, if I remember well, for being 1 of those who brought the argument is that if you restrain us in who we can attack, then you'll have a bunch of lvl 45+ with no inactive to hit, and we will start getting complaints from active players that we hit them 10 times a day.

Sure, there could be some coding done to so that inactives have no restrictions but what about Ush and Pun? if they cant attack players 50 or 70% of their PR, who would they attack?

I'm not saying there is no solution to all this but its gonna be hard to find something that would make both side kinda happy.

Chymere

(2009.Apr.07 09:28 PM)Thor Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, there could be some coding done to so that inactives have no restrictions but what about Ush and Pun? if they cant attack players 50 or 70% of their PR, who would they attack?

I'm not saying there is no solution to all this but its gonna be hard to find something that would make both side kinda happy.

I completely understand your point. But I feel for the OP, at times it's tough when you realize your only reason to grind is that you can become fodder for bigger bullies.

Not everybody is good at facing adversity. In all of us little guys' defense, when you, Ush, Pun, and all those old schoolers above lvl 40 were that level (mid-twenties and trying hard) - there weren't 100 lvl 30's.

There has to be a solution, games have to evolve along their players. I don't think the solution lies in changing the code for who can attack whom.

Maybe a cap on the sum level of a gang. It'd level the playing field while maintaining the individual achievements, powers and capabilities you guys wanna keep. It'd keep people focused on their skills and dev points instead of power leveling empty shells.
(2009.Apr.07 09:28 PM)Thor Wrote: [ -> ]something that would make both side kinda happy

Special district places

Possibilities:

Decatur Nightclub : No weapons allowed (other than small blades and pistols), no crimes other than pickpopcketing, Con Games and Fraud and DRUGS (could be more category specific crimes, but fewer payouts.

Bubba Industrial Docks: No one higher than a 10 lvl difference may hit you, but you loose happiness like in jail over time.

Midland Baseball field: Maximum 15 user at a time. So every time someone comes in, another one gets sent back to regular Midlan (when full). Gotta pay to come back in. Double health refresh over time.

Underground sewers: Can't do anything but attack. But double xp if a win. Double time in hosp and prison if fail or busted.
I think a cap is a bad idea, it works both ways, how will i steal 3, 5, even 10 pvp points during a gang war if i cant attack a weaker level 30 something, or take advantage of a strong level 30 something in serious condition...

unless this cap has an unlimited range upwards, but that isn't fair for the high level players...

Might also effect players power leveling, if they cant attack a higher level player for good experience thats out of their "range", it just makes them abuse people in their range even more...
(2009.Apr.07 09:37 PM)Chymere Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a cap on the sum level of a gang. It'd level the playing field while maintaining the individual achievements, powers and capabilities you guys wanna keep. It'd keep people focused on their skills and dev points instead of power leveling empty shells.

Thats an interesting suggestion coming from the only gang that actively wars...
The lower levels getting pawned is the same now as it was when I started, with the exception that there were more loose cannons back then.

If you crossed the wrong people you were hosped until they were satisfied.

One of the main differences now is that people who go off randomly have been fed jailed, these are old school players with control issues and used to be a part of trying to get by in AL... This is no longer the case!!

Today your gang doesn't get deleted! You don't rely entirely on PvP in order to wage war against your foes. The game has evolved and is less violent now then it has been in the past.

So you have to work longer to get close to the top. it took me a year and a half, so it takes a n00b 2 1/2 years to catch me if they are very active like I am.

But so what?

We put our time in. Punish the top 50 for putting years into the game? F that!!

Lets not make the game so tame and boring that people don't want to play...
(2009.Apr.07 10:24 PM)randomjacker Wrote: [ -> ]The lower levels getting pawned is the same now as it was when I started, with the exception that there were more loose cannons back then.

If you crossed the wrong people you were hosped until they were satisfied.

One of the main differences now is that people who go off randomly have been fed jailed, these are old school players with control issues and used to be a part of trying to get by in AL... This is no longer the case!!

Today your gang doesn't get deleted! You don't rely entirely on PvP in order to wage war against your foes. The game has evolved and is less violent now then it has been in the past.

So you have to work longer to get close to the top. it took me a year and a half, so it takes a n00b 2 1/2 years to catch me if they are very active like I am.

But so what?

We put our time in. Punish the top 50 for putting years into the game? F that!!

Lets not make the game so tame and boring that people don't want to play...

+1
(2009.Apr.07 12:24 PM)randomjacker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009.Apr.07 11:01 AM)Chymere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009.Apr.07 04:44 AM)Druchii Wrote: [ -> ]Would actually be nice to see attack restrictions based on power level, and it could actually help vs the lynch mobs people make out of boredom.

+1

I hate seeing a 12 yo kid hospitalized 3-4 times a day by a guy 25 levels above him. Kudos to the kid for still logging in, I would've quit this game faster than you can say power-trip.

did you ask them what they did wrong? Did they learn a lesson? was it not justified? why didn't you help?

hire a hitman to slaughter their foes.... lots of reasons this is a bad idea... but I doubt it will get more than a fleeting consideration.

You know as well as me that most of the times people doesn't really care why they hosp someone, they just want to be one of the cool kids that gets to log a hit.

And Thor I really believe that if you don't get xp for leaving people in shame, you don't need to be able to hosp them like weaker people. Risk vs reward, no risk no reward.

delpot

(2009.Apr.07 10:01 PM)Howlsong Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009.Apr.07 09:37 PM)Chymere Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a cap on the sum level of a gang. It'd level the playing field while maintaining the individual achievements, powers and capabilities you guys wanna keep. It'd keep people focused on their skills and dev points instead of power leveling empty shells.

Thats an interesting suggestion coming from the only gang that actively wars...

aside from a few sparse pillow fights, we haven't "actively" warred in months. im willing to bet SV has warred far more than we have since we surpassed the 250k mark.
good bye, have a nice life,
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Reference URL's