AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Piggybacking change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
07.September.8 - Fixed issue with gang wars where a "piggybacking" gang could earn full gang points for doing only a minor amount of damage to an opponent. Now gang points are earned based on the percentage of damage the gang scores against the enemy. For example, say an opponent normally earns 20 gang points when defeated in a war. Two gangs attack, one doing 90% of the damage and the other gang doing 10%. The gang doing 90% of the damage will receive 18 gang points while the 10% gang will earn 2 gang points. As a side effect, attacking gangs at less than full hideout strength will result in less gang points.

That's all fine and good but I feel like there should be adjustments made to how much each upgrade costs.

Think about a 6000 point hardening upgrade. If you have a good 25 gang point average that is 240 wars.

240 wars with an average of 1300 hit points = about 60 fort attacks for the winning gang. Thats a lot of ap that could be put to better use.

It could take a monh of constant warring to get 1 upgrade.

mudpies

totally

Loki

Love the change!

Farmers hurting for points? Get Willie Nelson to throw you a benefit concert.

mudpies

edit: comment directed at the wrong player
I'm pretty sure I have seen Pestilence reap the benefits of piggybacking. Should we bother coming up with another strategy just to have the rug swept from under our feet again?
*puts tractor back in the garage*

derek2752

2 questions:

"Now gang points are earned based on the percentage of damage the gang scores against the enemy."

1. dmg done, meaning from when attacked to 0, so if they have 600 hp before being attacked, you get points based on 600 hp when you beat them?

Or, total dmg, like if you attack them and they have 600 hp, but throughout the hour war they repaired 1400 hp. After you win do you get points based on 600 to 0 or doing a total dmg of 2000 (600 + 1400 they repaired) when you finally win?

2. Does this affect defending? For example, say some gang (and u know who you are, hehe) attacks 20 gangs, will they, meaning defenders, still get full points or is this adjusted as well?

kobalt

g2o2d4wp Wrote:Should we bother coming up with another strategy just to have the rug swept from under our feet again?

i agree with this comment, it seems that when a gang comes up with a good strategy that, the players get accused of finding a loophole and it gets **fixed**...hardly worth it any more to make up a strategy in that sence...

..but what do i know...

jlag08

I must agree, I was pretty disappointed to see this change.

killer1994

the change was a bad idea 4 gang points from 300 damage

it shouldnt have changed that much
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's