AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Piggybacking change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

badmanbren

Yours is obviouslly not to war, get on with it and stop complaining, make your money or be a good gang member, it's not rocket science. That's the way Zen has set it so you war with consiquences (you could call them that).
Also you forgot to divide that player attacks by the average of how many people take part in your wars, say 10 take part equally all the time for them 130 wars 102k approx. I would rather let that money slip and do wars.
You was working it out as if 1 member was going to do all the wars by themselves, then yes, I think I would opt towards making the money. Razz
No, I wasn't considering one person doing all the work. These are approximations of a war as a whole & not the individual player. Is a gang better off focusing on crimes and upgrading equipment etc. or putting all their ap into war. It isn't rocket science but it is a valid question that many people to decide. Especially smaller gangs who don't have the manpower to win wars.

This is a game that changes and evolves so therefore player input and concerns are needed and welcomed from my understanding in order for the advancement of the game.

mudpies

since we're on the subject.

say a gang in Fair condition declares on you. you do 750 damage and they do 300 damage to our treehouse. In our case we got 6 points. Shouldn't the defending gang get a bonus for successfully defending their treehouse?
I was wondering that same thing. We should get a bonus for fighting off attacks Wink

FaceOwner

Howlsong Wrote:I was wondering that same thing. We should get a bonus for fighting off attacks Wink

only makes sense
going from a v large gang to a small one i have a slight insight from both sides of gang wars. in a large gang wars are easy and can be fought in seconds. as a small gang the burden is much greater and warring is tough, so you adapt strategies. I called on allies to help me in wars so that i could win. By penalising multigang wars this now removes any incentive for gangs to team up to bring down a large gang.

eg. supervillains have 16 members equivalent of 4 or 5 small gangs. supervillains are probably worth 60 points meaning all small gangs would gain 15 points. they arent going to do it.

since the code change gang wars are about nothing else other than points now.

with this new change it is so heavily weighted in favour of the large gangs. Farming will continue, it will just be by the big gangs on the small gangs, im sorry zen but you have removed any chance of smaller gangs keeping up.

in 2 months time there will easily be a very large gulf between maybe 5 gangs and the rest.

Scorpious

First off: DARN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't try to beat my 20 gang record now. Razz
Second: I agree that there will be a big gap between the large gangs and us smaller ones.
Third: I think that defending gangs should get the full points BUT the attacking gangs get less if piggybacking. I.E. Let's say SVs declare on the shadow family because not many are online. They decide to include Vixens, Spawn, and Looney in on the fray. They smack the hornets nest and now the buzzing starts. All of a sudden 75% to 80% of the shadow family gangs are online.

Now, since SVs are piggybacking with Vixens, Spawn, and Looney now they will have to share the points from winning from these gang. BUT, instead, the shadow gangs get the wins instead. Since there were 4 villians gangs declaring on each of the shadow gangs each of the winning shadow gangs should get 4 times what they normally would get. I.E. They would have normally received say 22 points from Vixens. HMMMM, Shadow IV beat the Vixens. 4 gangs from villians (nobody else) declared on shadow IV. Of course, more gangs that jump in just multiplies the points even higher. Multiply the points by 4 and now they receive 88 from beating Vixens. Shadow IV would have received 75 from SVs (since they are a large gang). 75 * 4 = 300 now. I think it would be a deterrent for other gangs to try to jump in and piggyback since they of course would only receive the % of the points as how much they damaged the other gang plus they would actually be contributing to the other gang getting far more points then.

I of course could go on and on but I know everyone or at least most have thought of most if not all these aspects.

Scorpious

I was just thinking this and I am sure others may have also. Why should points be split in a gang war between gangs if gangs are defending.
I.E. SVs again (seem to be most active so they can be the example, HEHE).
Like before, SVs declare on the shadow family but this time themselves against the entire family. NOW, if the shadow gangs win do they split the points or do they get full amount that they normally would have if it was one on one? They are after all defending against a gang that saw only one member at the time online from each of the gangs before the rest logged in. I think defending gangs should get the full points no matter which gangs did what damage. Let's say I saw that the shadow gangs had many members online and I knew they would win against SVs so I jumped in and piggybacked and attacked the SVs. NOW, I should get whatever % of the points in accordance with what damage I do since I did after all declare on SVs to get some points.
Piggybacking and earning full points for doing only a few attacks was the issue and it needed to be addressed.

Now, from what I am reading, the issue is large gangs will now start to distance themselves from smaller gangs who work in groups.

Before, a large gang would attack another gang by itself and earn 20 gang points. The old system also allowed 4 small gangs to attack that same gang simultaneously and ALL earn 20 gang points. This system benefited the smaller gangs more than the large gangs, since four 5-member gangs is a lot cheaper than one 20-member gang. The collective AP cost is the same no matter how you look at it, since somebody had to do the attacking work.

Unfortunately though, the four small gangs in the above example combined to generate 80 gang points, while the large gang generated only 20 for the same AP expenditure. Definitely not what was intended when I made the code. The fix follows the exact same principle as the "power-leveling fix" over a year ago for combat. The work done now earns the fairest amount of reward.

So in essence, this is a gang-power-leveling fix.

The more I think of it, and the more I read the issues presented in this topic, the more I am satisfied with the fix. It's unfortunate that this wasn't in the original code, but I cannot see all ends.

So my apologies for those who are hurt by the change. Time to grow the gang instead of making sub-gangs.

Scorpious

So do defending gangs split points too or do they get full amounts since they are defending?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's