AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Piggybacking change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Glad to see that I am not the only one disappointed.

I did some further calculations and determined the average war ap spent will be roughly the same as 12 complex methlabs. all for 20 or so gang points
g2o2d4wp Wrote:I'm pretty sure I have seen Pestilence reap the benefits of piggybacking. Should we bother coming up with another strategy just to have the rug swept from under our feet again?

The change was made because the piggybacking was an unintended result of the new gang war code. Sure it took a month for me to learn the tendencies of certain gangs. Gangs are getting one-hit wins which I am sure everyone who plays this game knows is not what the new gang-war system is about. For those who can't read my mind, it's not was I had intended.

Let's not turn this into a Pestilence bash please. Logs show that almost every gang has done this, intentionally or not. Pestilence is no where close to the top of the list of gangs who have benefited from this tactic.

The last week has shown me that it has gotten out of hand. When 90% of all wars in the last week result in full gang points being awarded for only one attack, things need to be corrected.

While many will be disappointed to see this change, it's a change that needed to be made.
I don't think it turned into a Pest bash at all. Nobody said Pest sucks or Pest is mean. Our ability to adapt & make changes to improve our gang is now detriment since it seems we are being punished.

The ultimate cost to gangs and players for their precious ap to win a war for so few gang points just doesn't seem to be worth it.

I love the game but think some further tweaking of the system is necessary.

badmanbren

Good change! I was hoping it would come in.
g2o2d4wp Wrote:I don't think it turned into a Pest bash at all. Nobody said Pest sucks or Pest is mean. Our ability to adapt & make changes to improve our gang is now detriment since it seems we are being punished.

The ultimate cost to gangs and players for their precious ap to win a war for so few gang points just doesn't seem to be worth it.

I love the game but think some further tweaking of the system is necessary.

Of course more tweaking is necessary. But this fix needed to be first.

You threw in the Pestilence comment and I didn't want to see any more finger pointing. Only problem is there were so many posts between your post and mine it seems a little out of place now.

I'm not going to call out any gang who used this tactic since I'm not really mad at what players were doing. This isn't a punishment in any shape or form. The tactic was something I did not foresee, and I don't think one gang doing 100% of the damage to a gang and having 5 piggy-backers doing 0.02% (1 hit each gang) should result in all gangs getting FULL gang points.

googooflexy

I gota agree, Good change, I am glad it happend. this might be a contriversial issue but I am sure with some more tweaks (as always) it will get even better and everyone can find something they like about it....thanks Zenith Smile
Just a side note...

I ran a database query to show me all gangs that had gang-war wins doing less than 100 points of damage. 57 different gangs did it since the new system started. Top gang had done it 66 times. Most of these have happened in the last week. And Pest isn't even close to the top 5.
Guilty as charged. As a new gang I put in place piggy backing agreements with all the top gangs. Between the hours we were offline it was fine to farm me for our gang points as long as I could piggy back on wars during the day. Worked well while it lasted.

My only real reservation to this new change is the loss of interaction between gangs, Several other presidents and I would invite others to join and share the points. That will all end as it retuns to every gang for themself.

killer1994

i think we should change it bak da old way and only 3 gangs can declare on one gang but if we do 100 and lesss damage against a ave 10 lvl gang we get 5 gang war points if we do between 100-200 8 and 200-300 13 300-400 16 400-600 20

of sumthing similair
killer1994 Wrote:i think we should change it bak da old way and only 3 gangs can declare on one gang but if we do 100 and lesss damage against a ave 10 lvl gang we get 5 gang war points if we do between 100-200 8 and 200-300 13 300-400 16 400-600 20

of sumthing similair

The new system is percentage based. If a gang does 50% of the damage, they get 50% of the credit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's