AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: So much for a fair competition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
As far as I can tell levels x to x get y for an average shot.

so if you are level 8 y is proportainately higher to make things as close to even as possible with a level 31.

and since I watched gepetto and vorenus for close to 12 hours to track their activity(as they were in the top positions) they appeared to shoot every 15 minutes or so and were rarely longer than that. so refresh rate has little to do with it. Furthermore most of you have also realized that as long as you are a donator if you show up every 35 minutes then you will be close to maxing out your Ap and energy. so again refresh rate has little to do with this.

It comes down to this contest being extremely well set up for balance purposes and a minor oversite in thinking that high levels wouldnt hospitalize low levels for the sake of winning. Overall I would have to Say a job well done Zenith and I think we all agree that a public display of who is leading is a bad idea unless activity levels have little to do with the standings.

that is my .02 take it as you will.

Scorpious

Well said bud. Well said. Smile
my friend is a non donator and he was getting 2x the amount of points. i think zenith actually balanced that part out

and yes, refresh rate DOES play a HUGE factor

just think about it this way

my numbers are off, i know, but bare with me

some level has a refresh rate of 4 with 30 AP
the NEXT LEVEL has a refresh rate of 5 with 32 AP

is which is a higher proportion, 4/30 or 5/32?

the points given in this contest were based on proportion, and if you have a proportionally higher refresh rate, you have teh advantij

Scorpious

Looks to me that you only have to login a little more then. Still bad when others have to attack you in order to win.
refresh rate plays a minimal factor.

Gonzo gets 4 AP every refresh and I get 5 AP our points per shot are almost the same every time we both shoot at the same time. sometimes she beats me and sometimes i beat her.

all in all I have been just a touch more active than she has been. Hence the reason I am above her in the standings.

Now I leveled during the competition and I still get about the same for each shot. Hence the reason I believe refresh rate has very little to do with it.
You guys forgot declaring war on gangs significantly lower.

When the war with a gang with an average level of 11 gets hit by one with an average of 28 its a whole lot of fun.

I'm sure they're really getting off on it.
Here we have the members of SSM crunching number to find the real answer to the debate..
[Image: 625zi88.jpg]

Its all good.
you caught us!! here we thought we had clever disguises!!

kobalt

lmao, now thats funny lol

agamemnon

Personally, I felt compelled to weigh in on this. I think it's absolute bullshit that Pestilence got so greedy over a bloody gun and some cash that they had to declare war on gangs that had no ability to compete against them. Actions like that deter other players from wanting to continue playing this game because of certain players in Pestilence, who have no idea about sportsmanship and have to resort to underhanded strategies. I hope that Zenith acknowledges that the 499'ers got shafted out of a prize that they probably deserved and are awarded something as a consolation prize. Really, some of the guys on Pestilence spend 23 out of their 24 hours playing this game. It should never have come down to having to go to war in order to collect their prizes. :?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Reference URL's