what in the heck is this?!
2009.Jul.21, 12:10 AM
RE: Powerlevelling just got harder =(
how about if the player has a high dex? and he pvp's, will he/she gain less or more exp coz the other player cant hit him/her much and recieves less damage? Rolleyes
2009.Jul.21, 12:12 AM
Sounds interesting.

Just out of curiosity, does this code change apply to the defender as well, basically if someone attacks and loses, will the defender get the same extra or reduced xp?
2009.Jul.21, 12:12 AM
(2009.Jul.20 11:55 PM)JaySin Wrote:  And to Infinite...... so your saying that im not gonna have to donate more to stay full on nimbus and stims for the more harder targets i have to attack just to meet my goal of leveling? im not saying your wrong but there are flaws.

I'm not saying it is perfect... but what we have today isn't perfect either. As long as you can find a target who does at least 400 or so points to you, nothing changes. Nothing says we HAVE to go after the 'big kill', we just get rewarded if we do. Like I implied above, I only have 3-4 targets that are good for a reliable 'bonus' win, based on past performance. I'm not going to shell out for nimbus all day either, despite making a fair amount criming each day. All of the people I am thinking of are on 10 hours+ a day anyway.

What it does mean is that I should leave the people who don't even touch me for the people coming up behind if I want to get as much out of my EP as possible.

Maybe if the reduction was 25% instead of 50%... Dunno, lets give it a couple days and see what happens...
2009.Jul.21, 12:17 AM
I for one like this change so far,
most of the targets I choose for offline "leave" attacks aren't pushovers,
and provide good competion,
If I use all my Energy for attacks,
I usually attack someone who can put up a decent fight first,
then if I get a little marked up,
choose some weaker oppenents for a few "surethings"
the added xp recieved from most of my random lvling targets will be more of an increase overall than the lowered xp from the random schmucks I mop up afterwards.

I think this is a good addition,
I can see how it could be frustrating for some of the bigtime bruisers out there with limited targets at or near their pwr lvl, but for me and I'm sure a lot out there, this is a cool tweak that benefits xp hunting, and also makes browsing the userlist for targets a little more strategic,
well played I'd say

"It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth." George F. Burns
2009.Jul.21, 12:30 AM
(2009.Jul.21 12:17 AM)Prophesy Wrote:  I can see how it could be frustrating for some of the bigtime bruisers out there with limited targets...

If there are some ideas on how to tweak things so the above issue is addressed fairly, I'm all ears.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Jul.21, 12:32 AM
After a further experiment, the change is not as bad as I thought. Logically speaking, it make no sense to reward full experience for player who couldn't even hit you. 5% damage will net you to what I usually get, which is not too bad.

The only regret I have is the amount of target player for high level player will be very limited.

Amend
2009.Jul.21, 12:32 AM
I am just getting home and reading this now. Currently I'm finishing up my skills and career, so I haven't attacked anyone.
I'm most positive that leveling will take me much longer now, out of about 6 targets only one actually hits me.
I do however like the idea of tweaking the XP system, maybe we could leave inactives out of itRazz
2009.Jul.21, 12:35 AM
Rounds Hits Inflicted Taken Resisted Best
43 16 1,762 675 382 529

no bonus exp for that, it hurt quite abit.

19.) You hit for 1195 points of damage. XXX resists 2 for a total of 1193 damage.
2009.Jul.21, 01:17 AM
You honorably defeat xxx in combat. You walk away and let your defeated opponent sulk in their own misery.

Experience Earned : 583

140 points more than I usually get. No complaints about the new code from me zen.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2009.Jul.21, 01:35 AM
RE: what in the heck is this?!
erm... wtf.. who changed the name of my thread???

19.) You hit for 1195 points of damage. XXX resists 2 for a total of 1193 damage.