Credit Market & Muggers
2008.Oct.29, 05:30 PM

Oh, and on the note about the patheon rankings:

Once your credits are put on the market, it move you down in the ranking so it's not really easy to do it this way unless the person keeps posting their credits onto the market.

Just figured I should add that since I just tested the waters there.
2008.Oct.29, 05:31 PM

it never worked for me that well. it would take too long to mug all the money back Sad
2008.Oct.29, 05:32 PM

andyscho Wrote:Wow, never thought of checking the pantheon. Whoever figured that out deserves to keep the credits and the cash and possibly a Tag.

Not entirely fair if you post Anon a loophole probably worth closing, but hats off to the guy that did it.

Story in the underworld is it's your gang that's doing it...don't be so nasty guys, be more like me, a credit hero and friend to most....

“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
2008.Oct.29, 05:33 PM

Better yet! Remove all anonymous posting and wire transfer fees. Actually, just remove the market completely! Allow the players to put in place the price they want for each credit and they automatically get it! We want FREE! Give us FREE!

If you don't want the chance if your money stolen, use the wire option. If you want to save $1,000, then don't and risk a mug. Your own fault; not someone else.
2008.Oct.29, 05:34 PM

Just found out it was us, wasnt aware of that when I posted it.

Thrill I said it at the time, you are one of a kind.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2008.Oct.29, 05:35 PM

TheMace Wrote:Nope, fed jail for everyone involved is the only fair option.

It is after all an abuse of game mechanics.

Most wouldn't use any of the credit posting options if they didn't have to because it costs money. I specifically coded those 2 options for a reason, to help protect from muggings. There is a low-cost one that isn't fool-proof and there is a more expensive option that is fool-proof.

This isn't an oversight on my part. Before these options were added, you had NO protection against this type of behavior. This is not game mechanic abuse in my opinion. While I feel bad for the player who got mugged repeatedly until he had no money from the sale left, if he had used the bank-wire option we would not be having this discussion.

Getting mugged once like this has cost us some very active players out of frustration in the past.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Oct.29, 05:36 PM

iceman2020 Wrote:Better yet! Remove all anonymous posting and wire transfer fees. Actually, just remove the market completely! Allow the players to put in place the price they want for each credit and they automatically get it! We want FREE! Give us FREE!

If you don't want the chance if your money stolen, use the wire option. If you want to save $1,000, then don't and risk a mug. Your own fault; not someone else.

The thing is with that, it's 10 per credit for anon, so 1000 per 100 credits.

For the wire transfer I'll use an example

500 credits @ 220 each sells for 110,000. 10% of that is 11,000...it's generally always more then 1000 either way unless you only sell in 100's Razz
2008.Oct.29, 05:39 PM

BadLuck Wrote:
iceman2020 Wrote:Better yet! Remove all anonymous posting and wire transfer fees. Actually, just remove the market completely! Allow the players to put in place the price they want for each credit and they automatically get it! We want FREE! Give us FREE!

The thing is with that, it's 10 per credit for anon, so 1000 per 100 credits.

For the wire transfer I'll use an example

500 credits @ 220 each sells for 110,000. 10% of that is 11,000...it's generally always more then 1000 either way unless you only sell in 100's Razz

So you're greedy and risking that 11,000. Your own fault if you get mugged. Deal with it.

She could just remove the credit market completely and we can all sell for the $200 donation house price. That sounds most fair to me. Everyone gets their money and at the same price! Let's make it more fair Zen!
2008.Oct.29, 05:40 PM
Re: Credit Market & Muggers
zenith Wrote:Someone "anonymously" posts their credits on the market.

Someone checks the pantheon, buys the credits, then notes who changed ranks. They then mug them to get their cash back.

Like I said, this only happens if the person repeatidly posts credits after someone keeps buying them. Once the credits are on the market, the game does not count them towards your totals,

i.e. if you're gonna drop a spot in the patheon, it happens when you post the credits to the market, not when they sell.
2008.Oct.29, 05:42 PM

its the players own fault if they get mugged. hopefully they are smart enough to learn the first time and prevent it from happening again