New Hospitalization code?
2008.May.18, 06:31 PM

mudpies Wrote:
Conrad1103 Wrote:says who? i think this is such an over-used phrase.

to me, respect is lost or kept....not earned. you start off with my respect and keep it, until you do something to lose it.

in that case it appears respect is up to individual interpretation too.

your right it is, but when you run your mouth to somebody who can make your life hard well be ready to accept what happens from your own actions :roll:
2008.May.18, 06:45 PM

shadowinc Wrote:your right it is, but when you run your mouth to somebody who can make your life hard well be ready to accept what happens from your own actions :roll:

You always follow up with "but blah blah blah". Who made you judge and jury to decide what's over the line. Ever thought maybe you're just a bit too sensitive to things? You seem to think you're entitled to be some sort of ruler.

Also, you never answered my question. Didn't you quit already?
2008.May.18, 06:48 PM

zenith Wrote:If someone disrespects you through words, it is your right in this game to put them in the hospital. But people go overboard.

There are a lot of reasons to hold a grudge. But never letting it go is where the problem lies. Both sides need to come to a resolution or we get these hospitalization wars that everyone gets sucked up into.

What does the attacker have to lose in this situation? Nothing really. They can attack at will and keep someone from playing. The person doing the hospitalizing can keep doing it until the weaker player quits or gets banned for inappropriate mail/forum posts/name changes. The attacker wants an email from the weaker player, as it's gives them more reason to continue and "justification" when sending me a mail.

What does the weaker player have to GAIN in this situation? More hospital minutes and a forced retirement at the hands of another player is pretty much it. They are basically stuck. The more they mail, the more the attacker has an excuse to keep things up. Since they probably won't be able to play anymore, they may as well go out with a bang. In fact, some players do this to force the attacker to waste energy on purpose, because they know they aren't going to be playing much anymore.

I am not justifying my past behavior of "meddling" by making two sides come to an agreement, but it's intent was to avoid situations like this. Both sides want to play the game. But ever since rule 18 was brought in, the small disputes have snowballed.

I'm thinking at the moment I am going to make it where you need FULL energy to have the option to hospitalize just like the berzerk option. However, the actual COST will still be what it is now... 1/3rd energy rounded up. No one will be paying any more for a hospitalization, but you will need to be fully rested to have the option. One hospitalization will still give you 2/3rds your energy rounded down left.

You're missing some options/points here.

1) If neither side wants to negotiate, it is perfectly acceptable for hospitalizations to continue at will. Like it or not, this is how it SHOULD be. Referring to my past - sometimes it took an apology on the public forums even when the public knew that clan did nothing wrong, but that it's members were suffering and it had to end the war. If the leader(s) are unwilling to negotiate, that is their lack of compassion for their members. Afterall it is just a game. Or perhaps their members said "never surrender!"; therefore, they are not discouraged by the hospitalizations, and the leader(s) are just doing as their members wish.

2) You are assuming that those in the gang cannot leave the gang. Members are free to come and go from gangs. This was often the sought-after goal in my previous online gaming experience where it was setup as a hierarchy system. You would take out the person's armory day after day after wiping out months' worth of work in hopes they would leave the clan (even join yours maybe). Yeah sometimes the player just quit instead of leaving...unfortunately it does and will happen. If you try to prevent it though, you'll just lose more players, as this game went from 125,000 players to just 45,000 due to new rules and regulations. Part of the reason people like this game is it has a variety of things to do, and there are limited restrictions.

The only time then that administrative action should even be considered is when the other side cannot be civil if either the surrendering gang does a) surrender and comply to the terms, b) surrenders but the attacker does not stop after being given very beneficial terms or c) a person merely "guilty by association" leaves and makes this clear he/she does not intend to rejoin and/or participate in the war.

Barring no attempted compromise, war on.

edit: this only applies to gangs warring
2008.May.18, 07:03 PM

why not make the person doing the hospitalizing have to pay cash out of their own pockets before they can hospitalize plus half energy start at 10k and everytime they hit the same person its an extra 10k added on. just a thought
2008.May.18, 07:06 PM

DirkDanja Wrote:why not make the person doing the hospitalizing have to pay cash out of their own pockets before they can hospitalize plus half energy start at 10k and everytime they hit the same person its an extra 10k added on. just a thought

No Loki, I didn't tell him to post this.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.May.18, 07:32 PM

DirkDanja Wrote:why not make the person doing the hospitalizing have to pay cash out of their own pockets before they can hospitalize plus half energy start at 10k and everytime they hit the same person its an extra 10k added on. just a thought

i say lets hosp him Twisted lol lol lol
2008.May.18, 07:58 PM

shadowinc Wrote:

You had better watch your back Tyrone, there after you.
2008.May.18, 08:38 PM

shadowinc Wrote:

*sigh* SG u forgot ur [/sarcasm] again

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2008.May.18, 08:44 PM

iceman2020 Wrote:You're missing some options/points here.

1) If neither side wants to negotiate, it is perfectly acceptable for hospitalizations to continue at will. Like it or not, this is how it SHOULD be. Referring to my past - sometimes it took an apology on the public forums even when the public knew that clan did nothing wrong, but that it's members were suffering and it had to end the war. If the leader(s) are unwilling to negotiate, that is their lack of compassion for their members. Afterall it is just a game. Or perhaps their members said "never surrender!"; therefore, they are not discouraged by the hospitalizations, and the leader(s) are just doing as their members wish.

2) You are assuming that those in the gang cannot leave the gang. Members are free to come and go from gangs. This was often the sought-after goal in my previous online gaming experience where it was setup as a hierarchy system. You would take out the person's armory day after day after wiping out months' worth of work in hopes they would leave the clan (even join yours maybe). Yeah sometimes the player just quit instead of leaving...unfortunately it does and will happen. If you try to prevent it though, you'll just lose more players, as this game went from 125,000 players to just 45,000 due to new rules and regulations. Part of the reason people like this game is it has a variety of things to do, and there are limited restrictions.

The only time then that administrative action should even be considered is when the other side cannot be civil if either the surrendering gang does a) surrender and comply to the terms, b) surrenders but the attacker does not stop after being given very beneficial terms or c) a person merely "guilty by association" leaves and makes this clear he/she does not intend to rejoin and/or participate in the war.

Barring no attempted compromise, war on.

edit: this only applies to gangs warring

Umm that's there were no limited restrictions. Other than that I agree with what iceman says.

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2008.May.18, 09:13 PM

Beside the usual crying and personal attacks, there's not much here that's gonna help any1 get hosped less or play more.

Full energy or not, those that really want to will keep doing it like before.

You want some1 to not be hosped 24/7 until he quits? Max the number of hospitalizations that can be done, both daily and weekly. And do it for the defender, not the attacker.

Max 3 hosp/zerk per day and 12-15 per week, per player. After some1 got hit that many times, no1 is able to do more than a leave or mug on him until the next day or week.

There will always be bullies and morons to encourage them with their mouths, limit them and you limit the problem, try to stop them and it's gonna get worst.