New Hospitalization code?
2008.May.18, 11:07 PM

hydro9226 Wrote:Beside the usual crying and personal attacks, there's not much here that's gonna help any1 get hosped less or play more.

Full energy or not, those that really want to will keep doing it like before.

You want some1 to not be hosped 24/7 until he quits? Max the number of hospitalizations that can be done, both daily and weekly. And do it for the defender, not the attacker.

Max 3 hosp/zerk per day and 12-15 per week, per player. After some1 got hit that many times, no1 is able to do more than a leave or mug on him until the next day or week.

There will always be bullies and morons to encourage them with their mouths, limit them and you limit the problem, try to stop them and it's gonna get worst.

Maxing the amount of hits is an option. I've always been against hard caps however.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.May.18, 11:10 PM

the problem is that once a person has reached their cap they are free to talk smack all they want because they are immune, especially if it is a low cap. idk, it might be a good idea, but who knows?
2008.May.18, 11:12 PM

Maybe a minutes cap insted of a attack number cap. Like you can only spend 8hr's in the hosp per day maximum, 40 per week. *This does not apply to NPC's or inactives.
2008.May.18, 11:14 PM

abysmalpoptart Wrote:the problem is that once a person has reached their cap they are free to talk smack all they want because they are immune, especially if it is a low cap. idk, it might be a good idea, but who knows?

Block user.

Some people need to grow up and use it. Then if the other person still finds a way to annoy them, take other measures.
2008.May.19, 05:06 AM

Appears my post is to be ignored.

Interesting, maybe I shouldn't donate that $20 today and convince my gang member to not donate another $100 too.

If it's a war someone wants, then it's a war they get. Quite simple. If they do nothing to apologize, to negotiate, to surrender, then they deserve to be continually hit because they are accepting it. Rarely, if ever, is someone hospitalized continually a) for no reason and b) if they tried to reach a favorable solution. If their ego is too large to face acceptance they cannot win, then let their ego be hit, again and again and again.

Quit with the restrictions. It feels like the U.S. Patriot Act is coming to AL. Let the government do everything for the people and restrict their actions simultaneously. People have the ability to resolve things, Zen. Get involved if you have witnessed them trying to truly come to terms (not just a simple I'm sorry, but offering credits/money/loyalty, whatever fits the crime), otherwise, and I say this with the utmost respect, stay out of it.

I'm done with this topic. All that matters is what the minority wants. It's obvious the majority are either against or neutral.

Rough Count:

For - 4 players
Nuetral - 4 players
Against - 11 players or 73.3% (Nuetral were ignored due to no stance taken)

Also...

Quote:I would also like to mention that i'm American and in America there is something called freedom of speech where any man/woman may speak there mind without fear of reprisals from"government" and those who think they are. Nobody should be punished over free will and there right as a human to post what they feel needs to be heard. Tyranny is something that most of the world looks down on and i ask that people involved in tyranny please think hard about the effects that actions play on this game. This is asked respectively as I don't threaten people with there ability to come home relax and unwind to an enjoyable game. ith that said i have nothing more to say on the subject of hospitalizations. May we all enjoy the game and each other and work on respecting each other. Game on and have a blast!

What America do you live in man? There is no such thing as free speech. There are even federal and state laws that limit it. It's nice in theory even though it is in our constitution, which last I checked was a significant thing in America, but it doesn't exist.
2008.May.19, 05:20 AM

This thread is so long I've forgotten most of the posts from the beginning, but since I believe this idea was mentioned before I want to prop it. Make hospitalizations cost full energy. They should get the full time as should zerks. Both should cost full energy to do so. To increase the risk involved maybe after a number of hospitalizations have them more likely to be caught in combat. Decreasing times is pretty much ridiculous since a person losing will only be hurt more in actual combat rather than less. Since both zerks and hospos take full energy after a while they can get very expensive and without credit refills are already limited by the energy refresh factor. With refills, after 10 as you know the cost increases very significantly making most people think twice before hitting that button.

As said before, if someone wants another to be put in the hospital, it will most likely happen, whether it is by that individual, a friend, gang mate, or hired gun (loki excluded - from the first part of this statement Smile ) . Limiting hits on one person doesnt sound like a good plan to me.

doh
2008.May.19, 05:21 AM

your in awakenedlands bro not america, seems everybody is so touchy latley,iwhat you asking is kinda funny, then it opens back up the very thing that would suck the whole gang back into a single persons dispute Biggrin ,donate or not your call :roll:
2008.May.19, 01:35 PM

How do you guys feel about this idea?

Instead of changing the way we attack, Zen would set a limits for the amount of patient for the hospital. If the amount has been reach, the new patients will not regenerate HP and their stay in the hospital will be shorten by 30%. This is due to the fact that NOT enough staff in the hospital.

This way, the player who got out of the hospital will have a brief period of being in critical condition. During this short amount of time, they would do their regular training and crime.

This short break would be an oasis for those who found themself in the hospital 24/7
2008.May.19, 01:43 PM

iceman2020 Wrote:Quit with the restrictions. It feels like the U.S. Patriot Act is coming to AL. Let the government do everything for the people and restrict their actions simultaneously. People have the ability to resolve things, Zen. Get involved if you have witnessed them trying to truly come to terms (not just a simple I'm sorry, but offering credits/money/loyalty, whatever fits the crime), otherwise, and I say this with the utmost respect, stay out of it.

Agreed.
2008.May.19, 01:46 PM

iceman2020 Wrote:stay out of it.

amen