New Hospitalization code?
2008.May.18, 05:29 PM

side note -

respect is earned, and whether something is offensive is up to individual interpretation.
2008.May.18, 05:33 PM

mudpies Wrote:side note -

respect is earned, and whether something is offensive is up to individual interpretation.

your very correct,but i am not the only one who sees it as i do Twisted ,so,please stay out of my problems :roll:
2008.May.18, 05:35 PM

If someone disrespects you through words, it is your right in this game to put them in the hospital. But people go overboard.

There are a lot of reasons to hold a grudge. But never letting it go is where the problem lies. Both sides need to come to a resolution or we get these hospitalization wars that everyone gets sucked up into.

What does the attacker have to lose in this situation? Nothing really. They can attack at will and keep someone from playing. The person doing the hospitalizing can keep doing it until the weaker player quits or gets banned for inappropriate mail/forum posts/name changes. The attacker wants an email from the weaker player, as it's gives them more reason to continue and "justification" when sending me a mail.

What does the weaker player have to GAIN in this situation? More hospital minutes and a forced retirement at the hands of another player is pretty much it. They are basically stuck. The more they mail, the more the attacker has an excuse to keep things up. Since they probably won't be able to play anymore, they may as well go out with a bang. In fact, some players do this to force the attacker to waste energy on purpose, because they know they aren't going to be playing much anymore.

I am not justifying my past behavior of "meddling" by making two sides come to an agreement, but it's intent was to avoid situations like this. Both sides want to play the game. But ever since rule 18 was brought in, the small disputes have snowballed.

I'm thinking at the moment I am going to make it where you need FULL energy to have the option to hospitalize just like the berzerk option. However, the actual COST will still be what it is now... 1/3rd energy rounded up. No one will be paying any more for a hospitalization, but you will need to be fully rested to have the option. One hospitalization will still give you 2/3rds your energy rounded down left.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.May.18, 05:40 PM

zenith Wrote:I'm thinking at the moment I am going to make it where you need FULL energy to have the option to hospitalize just like the berzerk option. However, the actual COST will still be what it is now... 1/3rd energy rounded up. No one will be paying any more for a hospitalization, but you will need to be fully rested to have the option. One hospitalization will still give you 2/3rds your energy rounded down left.
That is a really good idea.
2008.May.18, 05:41 PM

zenith Wrote:...But people go overboard...

You keep saying this, but no one listens

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.May.18, 05:48 PM

like i said before, if you or anybody else was disrespected like that they would have been banned,so i guess if you want it to stop i will, but do beleave me my respect for the game has really dropped,sorry if my standards are diff from everybody elses,but when i am provoked and the admin does nouthing but warn them after all the bs those two have done, but its cool, i will back off them, but if they hit one of us or my members i will hit back, i remember when i started playing, players hosped for days, when they was done anouther may start, when i spent most of the time in the hospital i did not whine i did not cry, i know of a certain time i disrespected a top player and that player kept me hosped,so is it diff now that they talk trash even after blocked come to the forums and talked trash, now i am wronge ,can not see it

YOURS TRULEY,
SHADOWGUARD
2008.May.18, 05:52 PM

didin't you quit a while back anyway?
2008.May.18, 05:54 PM

mudpies Wrote:didin't you quit a while back anyway?

have you been hosped today Twisted
2008.May.18, 06:16 PM

mudpies Wrote:side note -

says who? i think this is such an over-used phrase.

to me, respect is lost or kept....not earned. you start off with my respect and keep it, until you do something to lose it.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2008.May.18, 06:25 PM

Conrad1103 Wrote:says who? i think this is such an over-used phrase.

to me, respect is lost or kept....not earned. you start off with my respect and keep it, until you do something to lose it.

in that case it appears respect is up to individual interpretation too.