Players Rebirth Revisited
2010.Apr.13, 10:37 PM
Players Rebirth Revisited
I would like to allow for players who are very powerful to some form of character "rebirth". Basically their accounts are given up to become NPCs, and they get to start anew.

I've visited this topic in the past, and nothing came of it unfortunately. There are those players who can't fathom giving up their account to start as a weaker player. To them power is the reason they stick around. However, there are those who enjoy the journey more than the destination.

The old topic got so confusing and riddled with exceptions that it ended up being a monstrosity of rules. I want to keep this simple and easy to understand.

Through the years, I've come across a ton of players who want to start over again. The majority of them were like Jaysin... they wanted to run from something they did and hide (in fact, he asked to create another account and retire his before the end). Only a handful have actually had no real issues they were trying to run from. They just wanted to enjoy the journey again.

My Idea :

The old character is first made an NPC. They're account is completely locked out. Once the old account is converted to NPC status, there is no way to recover it.

The new account starts off just like everyone else does, however they get a bonus from all the hard work that was put into the old account. They don't get this bonus right away, as their "ancestor" wouldn't want to create any trust-fund babies. The new account needs to earn their keep and grow to regain some of their former account's strength. Think of it as having good genes, and the rebirth gives someone a little boost along the way.

The "wealth" of the former account is based on items, cash, credits, and stats. As the new account grows, they will be given "rebirth credits" to purchase stats, bonuses, items, and other things that cannot be done without an "ancestor". Leaving your old account destitute in an attempt to get it back on the new account will defeat the purpose however, and will be reflected in the options available with the rebirth credits.

That's the thought. Discuss.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2010.Apr.13, 10:42 PM
RE: Players Rebirth Revisited
When you suggest that they can purchase stats, and things along the lines, what kind of limits would be placed on the stats. Such as, an amount they would be able to buy or a max number that they could purchase to?

In many of the higher characters cases, they have donated a lot of money to get their END to the level it's at right now. Would something like that carry over or what?

That's what she said
2010.Apr.13, 10:50 PM
Well to start off I have one guinea pig. So we'll see how the entire system works before anything is official.

As for the "rebirth credits", it will be based on the total "value" of their account. Credits used to purchase stats are included since they are part of the character. Stats gained the traditional gym way are included. The house in included. All items are included. The system would have to make keeping your wealth on your old account worth it instead of trying to hide it and eventually recover it.

In addition, the rebirthed character will have a tag stating they are the descendant of who ever their original account was so no one can use this system to scam someone and then hide.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2010.Apr.13, 10:55 PM
Of course, I would like to see it in action and let it be proven how well it could work out. Not a bad idea though, IMO.

That's what she said
2010.Apr.13, 10:59 PM
how do you stop "gifting" though if you do not give full amounts back to the player.

ex: i have say 10 mill in the bank

before rebirthing i send all my money to a buddy and tell him to send me this money soon as i am reborn...

this would almost defeat the purpose of redistributing the "wealth" except those creds you put into end and intel..

i could just call all that money i got a loan from him, which my buddy could call a loan from my other self, all and all never paying anyone back and starting 10 mill up on anyone else...
This post was last modified: 2010.Apr.13 11:01 PM by Duchbag69.

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2010.Apr.13, 11:12 PM
(2010.Apr.13 10:59 PM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  how do you stop "gifting" though if you do not give full amounts back to the player.

ex: i have say 10 mill in the bank

before rebirthing i send all my money to a buddy and tell him to send me this money soon as i am reborn...

this would almost defeat the purpose of redistributing the "wealth" except those creds you put into end and intel..

i could just call all that money i got a loan from him, which my buddy could call a loan from my other self, all and all never paying anyone back and starting 10 mill up on anyone else...

That's what the "rebirth credits" are intended to eliminate. If your old character doesn't have any wealth, you aren't going to get many rebirth credits. The net result would be you starting over with some wealth.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2010.Apr.13, 11:21 PM
This is a great idea. As long as the rebirth credit system works out fairly, I think this will enhance game play for many old time players.

Amend
2010.Apr.14, 01:16 AM
What if my referrer Thor aka rustyoldcan chooses to visit rebirth? What would become of his referrals? Would he cease to get the points for introducing me to AL?

I smoke like a chimney, matta fact I smoke like a gun when the killer sees his enemy
2010.Apr.14, 02:11 AM
Not something I think I would do, but I do have a question. What about if the player had some unique items? Most of them are not worth very much in game cash (as in sell back value) but can be worth alot on the open market.

Proud US Navy Veteran
Just because you CAN cuss doesn't mean you NEED to....
2010.Apr.14, 02:52 AM
I like it. I probably wouldnt do it but I know there's alot of borgs out there who wish they could go back and do things again. I have tbh occasionally wished that i could go back and do somethings over. Its good to know that if something changes I would/could have that option to do so.
(2010.Apr.14 02:11 AM)TealJade Wrote:  Not something I think I would do, but I do have a question. What about if the player had some unique items? Most of them are not worth very much in game cash (as in sell back value) but can be worth alot on the open market.

I think one of 2 suggestions would apply just as well:

1) Sell it and use that money to make your account worth much more and hope someday u might have the funds to reacquire it.

or

2) Have Zen auction it off to the highest bidder? It's really sad when priceless uniques get lost on players who just up and leave and never come back.
This post was last modified: 2010.Apr.14 02:56 AM by Howl.

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl