Players Rebirth Revisited
2010.Apr.14, 03:04 AM
RE: Players Rebirth Revisited
Why not just allow players that reach a certain level i.e. 50 to have a clone that starts at level one that way the original character can continue but at the same time they can enjoy building a new one?

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2010.Apr.14, 04:07 AM
(2010.Apr.14 03:04 AM)Moriarty Wrote:  Why not just allow players that reach a certain level i.e. 50 to have a clone that starts at level one that way the original character can continue but at the same time they can enjoy building a new one?

You mean have more than one account? Blasphemy!

Concerning unique items... I was thinking of making those "heirlooms" for the descendent character. So say you have a unique pair of Pistols, they could be purchased back with rebirth credits as a new item that more than likely would be a tad better than originally.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2010.Apr.14, 04:44 AM
I like the idea, but it would be a very long time before I ever considered doing it. Unless you were to add a level cap, but I'm not sure thats a good idea.

Whatever bitch. I'm a pegasus pony.
2010.Apr.14, 05:37 AM
(2010.Apr.14 04:07 AM)zenith Wrote:  
(2010.Apr.14 03:04 AM)Moriarty Wrote:  Why not just allow players that reach a certain level i.e. 50 to have a clone that starts at level one that way the original character can continue but at the same time they can enjoy building a new one?

Concerning unique items... I was thinking of making those "heirlooms" for the descendent character. So say you have a unique pair of Pistols, they could be purchased back with rebirth credits as a new item that more than likely would be a tad better than originally.

Well you could have one account and 2 playable characters Smile
rebirth or clones are both very interesting idea but I think woud be much beter If you concentrate on things you already started like new career's abilities , or skills
2010.Apr.14, 05:42 AM
I like the idea of rebirthing, but I would like to see a game changing bonus to really force my hand into rebirthing. Like a menu of overall bonus that the rebirth character could/would gain.

i.e.: You would get to choose one of the following bonuses on rebirth

- Start with a permanent +7 to str, dex, OR acc
- Start with a permanent +5 to res
- Start with a permanent +2 to str, dex, acc, AND res
- Cyborging costs 3/4 humanity
- Cyborging costs 3/4 less & recovery from surgery 3/4 quicker
- No happiness loss in jail & ap regens at 1/2 rate
- 1/2 ap needed for breaking out of jail & others out of jail
- Start with +4 humanity
- Skills are X% easier to learn & cost 1/2 in cash
- Jobs are X% easier to learn & no firing from jobs
- Able to hold 2 jobs (but only work 12 hours)
- Jobs skills are 1/2 cost rounded up
- Job skill points give higher yield
- Attack rounds last +20 & X% chance to be not caught due to stalemate
- Bezerk costs 1/2 energy points
- Mugging gives random cash even if person has no money
- Crimes yield better cash & bonus to success
- Crimes are easier to do & very rare to get caught
- Resistant to hospitalizing by 1/2 (but not to bezerk!)
- ALer's inserts random skill here
- Nothing

With all the choices, I could see players trying to get to 50 several times to enjoy some of the better bonuses. We could tier these or give these levels also! Talk about longevity and NPC's!
2010.Apr.14, 05:58 AM
I was with raf, one account two playable characters. What if you could use the energy and action points of the your main character on your second character, then you could dictate whether to grow your second character quickly at the detriment of your main character or to progress both

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2010.Apr.14, 06:18 AM
I have a difficult time seeing this realistic. The people who have gotten to a higher level and strength deeply enjoy their ability to bash heads.

A lot of people who would go and do this would end up mad because the players who were once much weaker than them can now beat them, and they hold grudges.

The only way to viability I could see with this is if someone wanted to go back and continue playing their original character from the exact point it was frozen, as I do believe some people may find they are regretting it.

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2010.Apr.14, 06:38 AM
(2010.Apr.14 06:18 AM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  I have a difficult time seeing this realistic. The people who have gotten to a higher level and strength deeply enjoy their ability to bash heads.

A lot of people who would go and do this would end up mad because the players who were once much weaker than them can now beat them, and they hold grudges.

The only way to viability I could see with this is if someone wanted to go back and continue playing their original character from the exact point it was frozen, as I do believe some people may find they are regretting it.

Are you trying to tell me your psychic and can know what other players enjoy? If someone chooses to do this then clearly they enjoyed the rise to the top rather than sitting there bashing heads in all day. Who are you to say what people will do or wont do?

I like the concept and can see some of the older, worn out meat heads taking this up, beacuse,

A) It will show who you are, so you get plenty of action whilst a baby lol.
B) novelty, there will probably be some overall + points to doing this, pretty much the same as skills have upped the anti over time. In the longrun who is to say the reborn players won't be quicker learners etc?
C) To enjoy playing again. Ive played many pc/xbox/ps3 games and completed them, then started them again. Knowing what works and how to better do things 2nd time over is half the fun.
2010.Apr.14, 06:39 AM
(2010.Apr.13 10:50 PM)zenith Wrote:  Well to start off I have one guinea pig. So we'll see how the entire system works before anything is official.

Chance?

"Do you see what happens, Larry? Do you see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?! This is what happens, Larry! This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass! "
2010.Apr.14, 06:48 AM
(2010.Apr.14 05:37 AM)Rafallol Wrote:  
(2010.Apr.14 04:07 AM)zenith Wrote:  

Well you could have one account and 2 playable characters Smile
rebirth or clones are both very interesting idea but I think woud be much beter If you concentrate on things you already started like new career's abilities , or skills

I agree, 100%

-These "rebirth" characters would have the potential to be SUPER powerful. not saying its good or bad. just saying.
(2010.Apr.13 10:50 PM)zenith Wrote:  Well to start off I have one guinea pig. So we'll see how the entire system works before anything is official.

this guy?

http://www.awakenedlands.com/viewuser.php?u=36219

also...we already know that you're Asgardthor.
This post was last modified: 2010.Apr.14 07:22 AM by Conrad1103.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.