Players Rebirth Revisited
2010.Apr.14, 07:28 AM
RE: Players Rebirth Revisited
I agree Conrad, that these new players would have "the potential" to be super powerful, but even allowing for the benefits, to make the top 50 stats would take a monumental effort to do it in under 18 months.

Whilst the potential for one of these players to be top dog in 5 years!!! I believe its the journey thats more appealing to some. Not everyone has aspirations for greatness or to be top 50, they just wanna have fun.
2010.Apr.14, 07:48 AM
(2010.Apr.14 04:07 AM)zenith Wrote:  Concerning unique items... I was thinking of making those "heirlooms" for the descendent character. So say you have a unique pair of Pistols, they could be purchased back with rebirth credits as a new item that more than likely would be a tad better than originally.

+1

What Zenith is saying that some players enjoy Awakenedlands. However, the game lacks the challenge, the feel, the building process excitement after 2-3 years into the game. They would like to start a new game to renew the same old feeling, yet, they want to hold-on to something that they have accomplished.

Amend
2010.Apr.14, 08:04 AM
i'm for this but only if we change the name from rebirth to afterbirth.

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2010.Apr.14, 08:04 AM
Well, she may as well rebirth everyone and make all our characters NPC
The rebirthing should take the best qualities of our ancestors and add a ten day bonus to those qualities. We should take a native skill determined ancestrally that would start out at a higher level than 1.

Create a brand new site for everyone who wants to rebirth, and set it in the Awakenedlands future with archives and hall of fame sections.

I smoke like a chimney, matta fact I smoke like a gun when the killer sees his enemy
2010.Apr.14, 08:20 AM
What would be the requirement to rebirth?
2010.Apr.14, 08:27 AM
(2010.Apr.14 08:04 AM)Troopermccue Wrote:  i'm for this but only if we change the name from rebirth to afterbirth.

i prefer rebirtha

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.
2010.Apr.14, 08:34 AM
(2010.Apr.14 08:27 AM)Leopard Wrote:  
(2010.Apr.14 08:04 AM)Troopermccue Wrote:  i'm for this but only if we change the name from rebirth to afterbirth.

i prefer rebirtha

First time
It's not the first time
Last time
No, I know I seen your place before
Maybe in a past life
Or maybe it was just last night
I don't know

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2010.Apr.14, 08:46 AM
(2010.Apr.14 08:20 AM)thatthingufear Wrote:  What would be the requirement to rebirth?

umm...firstly death...and then one hard push accompanied by a high pitch scream...that should do it!
2010.Apr.14, 08:48 AM
(2010.Apr.14 08:04 AM)RenegadeJEDI Wrote:  Well, she may as well rebirth everyone and make all our characters NPC
The rebirthing should take the best qualities of our ancestors and add a ten day bonus to those qualities. We should take a native skill determined ancestrally that would start out at a higher level than 1.

Create a brand new site for everyone who wants to rebirth, and set it in the Awakenedlands future with archives and hall of fame sections.

A new site seems excessive...unless it brought with it other changes.

Perhaps though, if you had to have a lvl30+ char, were able to choose certain bonuses, and it was futuristic themed (ie. laser weapons for all, futuristic crimes, gene modifications, AI assistance/NPCs, etc.)

swords=add lasers
pistols=add lasers
armor=some reflects lasers, poor vs. phys

organ theft/resale, business takeover, blackmail, kidnapping, genetic experiments, smuggling, murder, etc.

planets instead of districts

AI - like skills but purchased
- bonuses to ranged/melee chance to hit
- bonuses to laser/phys damage resist
- bonuses to evasion ranged/melee
- chance of retreat before losing
- disrupt opponent AI

some ideas...but it would be more a slightly different version of AL that required a player to have stuck with the original AL til lvl 30 at least, with some bonuses for levels above 30, stats, and credits owned/used at the time created.
2010.Apr.14, 08:53 AM
Yea.......or we could all just play the game....

3:36 pm You received $36 from Mac.

12,600,036$ robbed from him.