Zen whats up?
2010.Mar.19, 05:41 AM
RE: Zen whats up?
(2010.Mar.18 11:53 PM)zenith Wrote:  There are things that no in-game staff member will have access to Cheetah, because it's just not needed and/or would violate player privacy. It doesn't matter if they end up being players or non-players.

Needless to say, no in-game staff member would have the ability to alter stats, read emails of other players, or see personal information like email addresses, passwords (heck I can't see those, they are encrypted), or even full IP addresses. These are things that just can never be given out.

However, having the ability to revert a tragic mistake (like someone accidentally clicking a 60-day donator option twice instead of once) could be corrected. Or someone accidentally sending an item to an inactive instead of the player they intended. Pretty much anything that is in our log system would have the option to be "undone" with merely a click. Of course all events by an in-game staff member would likewise be logged for review.

I don't plan on handing out the keys without forethought. I'll probably slowly add specific tasks to the list with some form of checks and balances to ensure things are done appropriately. For example, first task would be to create an in-game support ticket system for mistakes and/or player reports.

Think Dingus Zen
2010.Mar.19, 05:21 PM
(2010.Mar.16 12:15 AM)zenith Wrote:  Cyberware removal was just too complicated and was canned.
Can I get some clarification on "canned"? As in it will NOT be implemented....EVER. ??? Please clarify that I've wasted what two years of not working other careers that could've benefited my character.
If it is what it is that's fine(not really but I'll deal) but I don't want to stop being the no.1 Medic just to have you spring cyberware removal on us in six months. Thanks for the honesty.
(2010.Mar.16 07:50 AM)thatthingufear Wrote:  If we are in need of admins that much I would be fine if you hired ColonelIngus to do it. (if he had the qualifications)
OMG, I just fell out of my chair! Are we friends again? Wink
This post was last modified: 2010.Mar.19 05:21 PM by McCule.
2010.Mar.19, 06:59 PM
Hahaha no. If that's what we need then my point is it shouldn't matter who is doing it.
2010.Mar.19, 08:13 PM
The best thing would be for Zen to pull the plug on the server and not look back. She could maybe help on ToH2...? Or butterfly wars.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2010.Mar.19, 08:40 PM
(2010.Mar.19 08:13 PM)Brugada Wrote:  The best thing would be for Zen to pull the plug on the server and not look back. She could maybe help on ToH2...? Or butterfly wars.

Admin Yoda? No way.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2010.Mar.19, 08:53 PM
2nd in charge, Zen.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.