Zen whats up?
2010.Mar.16, 09:25 AM
RE: Zen whats up?
(2010.Mar.16 07:06 AM)2asandab Wrote:  What would be the responsiblities of in-game staff members? If you feel as if this would help the game and give you more time for the important stuff (adding more content), then I feel you should do this. I just think you should be a little more discerning when selecting staff members, a Mod of any kind should never take disputes personally and rather just enforce the rules and settle things unbiasly. Its really not that hard, I might be willing to do it depending on the responsibilies.

Credits as rewards for the effort may be good incentive! Razz
2010.Mar.16, 09:36 AM
How would this In-Game Support really help? PPL will still email Zen. Very similar to the Err situation.

Amend
2010.Mar.16, 09:45 AM
I used to run an online business and it is tough getting people to email the customer service staff instead of the owner/admin. When they just wouldn't quit, I finally sent out a mass mail and informed everyone that unless it was a real emergency, not to mail me and all mails, in my box, would be deleted. Funnily enough, people actually listened and my mailbox numbers went down. That is what staff is there for: SUPPORT. If something needed my explicit attention, the mail was forwarded to me so I could deal with it.

Who gives a drek.
2010.Mar.16, 09:52 AM
yea that company was screwed from the get go Wink
2010.Mar.16, 09:55 AM
(2010.Mar.16 09:36 AM)ZeonOne Wrote:  How would this In-Game Support really help? PPL will still email Zen. Very similar to the Err situation.

I agree Zeon, I think the best way to go about would be to specify responsiblities in the admin page for the new in-game help.

ie.

Zeon - Player Disputes/Harrassment
2asandab - Same IP user issues

therefore ppl would almost have to send the mail to the player w/ the corresponding responsiblity, even though I'm still confused on exactly what these responsiblites would be. A note could be added that mails sent to Zen regarding in-game admin responsiblities would not be answered, this would hopefully deter ppl from bypassing the other in-game admins and just mailing Zen.
2010.Mar.16, 09:57 AM
(2010.Mar.16 09:55 AM)2asandab Wrote:  
(2010.Mar.16 09:36 AM)ZeonOne Wrote:  How would this In-Game Support really help? PPL will still email Zen. Very similar to the Err situation.

I agree Zeon, I think the best way to go about would be to specify responsiblities in the admin page for the new in-game help.

ie.

Zeon - Cheater
2asandab - Same IP user issues

therefore ppl would almost have to send the mail to the player w/ the corresponding responsiblity, even though I'm still confused on exactly what these responsiblites would be. A note could be added that mails sent to Zen regarding in-game admin responsiblities would not be answered, this would hopefully deter ppl from bypassing the other in-game admins and just mailing Zen.
2010.Mar.16, 10:08 AM
can we break this down a little more, i'm totally not following.

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2010.Mar.16, 10:09 AM
Triadboy is saying it is hard running a game.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2010.Mar.16, 10:11 AM
(2010.Mar.16 09:52 AM)Dingus Wrote:  yea that company was screwed from the get go Wink

Heh. Naw, it's good. Smile But what 2asandab said about specifying what each person does IS a big help. We had done that it was only when that failed that I sent the mass mail out. Sometimes you have to show people you mean business.

The specifying did help, though once it was implemented. Sometimes the sheeple don't realize...well, they don't realize. LOL

Who gives a drek.
2010.Mar.16, 10:42 AM
make it so if you e-mail zenith too many times for a reason that is required to be sent to an in-game admin, u can get mail banned. thats the only way

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!