Zen whats up?
2010.Mar.16, 04:10 PM
RE: Zen whats up?
(2010.Mar.16 10:42 AM)abysmalpoptart Wrote:  make it so if you e-mail zenith too many times for a reason that is required to be sent to an in-game admin, u can get mail banned. thats the only way

Or Make a quick code. So then all emails sent to Zenith are sent to the in game admins. Should the admins think the email should goto Zenith then they forward it to her. That way she only get's the important ones.

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2010.Mar.17, 01:59 AM
here is a idea zen. most of the games i have played or have been admin/mods on. there was a system on how it was ran. when a admin/mod would log in there was a place that they could go. all the mail that players would send in for problems/ questions.. the mods would go in there, read an respond or take what ever steps that are needed to deal with the issue. when they are done they could close it. light problems/questions handled.

now if there was something that was out of the hands of what a mod can handle then it would be pushed up to the next level of action. that is where you step in zen. you handle the stuff that mods cant handle. that cuts down on mail you get and problems are handled runs better for all. so there is one more idea to think about.
2010.Mar.17, 01:41 PM
(2010.Mar.17 01:59 AM)killerrenegade Wrote:  here is a idea zen. most of the games i have played or have been admin/mods on. there was a system on how it was ran. when a admin/mod would log in there was a place that they could go. all the mail that players would send in for problems/ questions.. the mods would go in there, read an respond or take what ever steps that are needed to deal with the issue. when they are done they could close it. light problems/questions handled.

now if there was something that was out of the hands of what a mod can handle then it would be pushed up to the next level of action. that is where you step in zen. you handle the stuff that mods cant handle. that cuts down on mail you get and problems are handled runs better for all. so there is one more idea to think about.

You are referring to a support ticket system, no?

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2010.Mar.17, 03:10 PM
(2010.Mar.16 12:15 AM)zenith Wrote:  Is it time for in-game staff? Yes. Will players be acceptable as in-game staff to the community is the million-dollar question.

I'd love to have 2-3 in-game staff members who could field questions, respond to disputes, and handle the daily tasks while I ignored everything and coded.

So in game staff would mainly be to answer questions.

But what does "respond" to disputes mean? Would they have authority, or the ability to take actions against players?

And what are "daily tasks". You as an admin can read mails, see our forums, take cash, or even a gang from a player (not that those weren't justified, but those are capabilities of an admin...) I do not see any person who has a vested interest in this game by having their own character here, having the ability to do any of these things, and something not going terribly wrong.

Even if a person agreed to quit their character to become an admin, they still have "friends" and "enemies" in the game.

I don't see any problem with having in game staff to answer questions, or try to be a moderator in a dispute (but without the power to actually do anything to another player).

But I cannot see any player having the ability to read private mails, or having the power to actually do anything to another player's character or property, without eventual hell breaking loose.
2010.Mar.17, 03:35 PM
(2010.Mar.17 03:10 PM)cheetah Wrote:  
(2010.Mar.16 12:15 AM)zenith Wrote:  Is it time for in-game staff? Yes. Will players be acceptable as in-game staff to the community is the million-dollar question.

I'd love to have 2-3 in-game staff members who could field questions, respond to disputes, and handle the daily tasks while I ignored everything and coded.

But what does "respond" to disputes mean? Would they have authority, or the ability to take actions against players?

And what are "daily tasks". You as an admin can read mails, see our forums, take cash, or even a gang from a player (not that those weren't justified, but those are capabilities of an admin...) I do not see any person who has a vested interest in this game by having their own character here, having the ability to do any of these things, and something not going terribly wrong.

Even if a person agreed to quit their character to become an admin, they still have "friends" and "enemies" in the game.

I don't see any problem with having in game staff to answer questions, or try to be a moderator in a dispute (but without the power to actually do anything to another player).

But I cannot see any player having the ability to read private mails, or having the power to actually do anything to another player's character or property, without eventual hell breaking loose.

Zenith and Err if wanted to could play game (who's to say they don't have an actual character?). They have all these powers, so you're saying you wouldn't trust either of them either?

The point of in-game admin IS to do what your saying. Once again, if they "abuse" their "powers" do you not think that Zenith or Err has not put "history" in that they could not reverse any action taken by one of the "in-game" admins?

honestly, it's not really what the general public playing game prefers, it is more of a "common courtesy" that Zenith does (yes majority input does "sway" her and his desicion, but ultimately Zen and Err's desicion) .

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2010.Mar.17, 05:22 PM
(2010.Mar.17 03:35 PM)Eaglefreak Wrote:  

Zenith and Err if wanted to could play game (who's to say they don't have an actual character?). They have all these powers, so you're saying you wouldn't trust either of them either?

The point of in-game admin IS to do what your saying. Once again, if they "abuse" their "powers" do you not think that Zenith or Err has not put "history" in that they could not reverse any action taken by one of the "in-game" admins?

honestly, it's not really what the general public playing game prefers, it is more of a "common courtesy" that Zenith does (yes majority input does "sway" her and his desicion, but ultimately Zen and Err's desicion) .

Of course I trust, and did trust Err!

I'm saying that I don't want someone else who plays the game to have the ability to read private mails, they could include gang information, or bc some of us are friends on here, personal information.

But already speculating that Zen would have to reverse something an in-game admin did, is what I'm saying, something WILL go terribly wrong if they have the same abilities as Zen. It doesn't matter who it is, no one in this game can be THAT unbiased...

You CA have been one of the most level-headed and unbiased people I have met in this game, this is not a personal attack on Zen, you, or any person in particular in any way. I just don't see how it could work, without someone overstepping, or someone claiming someone did, which imo would only end up with someone being hosped, and if it was over issues where one character actually had full admin abilities over another, all I see is WWIII on AL, ending with a lot of people going out, the borg and hosp way.

I understand it is her decision, but having people who play the game have authority over others is after this amount of time, a BIG change, and not the game I signed up for, and not one I think I would want to play.
2010.Mar.17, 06:00 PM
(2010.Mar.17 05:22 PM)cheetah Wrote:  

I'm saying that I don't want someone else who plays the game to have the ability to read private mails, they could include gang information, or bc some of us are friends on here, personal information.

But already speculating that Zen would have to reverse something an in-game admin did, is what I'm saying, something WILL go terribly wrong if they have the same abilities as Zen. It doesn't matter who it is, no one in this game can be THAT unbiased...

You CA have been one of the most level-headed and unbiased people I have met in this game, this is not a personal attack on Zen, you, or any person in particular in any way. I just don't see how it could work, without someone overstepping, or someone claiming someone did, which imo would only end up with someone being hosped, and if it was over issues where one character actually had full admin abilities over another, all I see is WWIII on AL, ending with a lot of people going out, the borg and hosp way.

I understand it is her decision, but having people who play the game have authority over others is after this amount of time, a BIG change, and not the game I signed up for, and not one I think I would want to play.

I do agree that promoting a playe of the game to an Admin role could bring about disatrious conclusions for the community. But, at the same time when Zen selects someone to take on the role as Admin she would pick someone that she feels is unbiased and would give the best input and decision making power for the community.

That's what she said
2010.Mar.17, 06:09 PM
(2010.Mar.17 06:00 PM)bconrad56 Wrote:  
(2010.Mar.17 05:22 PM)cheetah Wrote:  

I do agree that promoting a playe of the game to an Admin role could bring about disatrious conclusions for the community. But, at the same time when Zen selects someone to take on the role as Admin she would pick someone that she feels is unbiased and would give the best input and decision making power for the community.

there nobody all of AL is comfortable with as an admin I'm thinking.

3:36 pm You received $36 from Mac.

12,600,036$ robbed from him.
2010.Mar.17, 06:19 PM
well power given to say mods would be limited. depending on what she feels is inportant for them to deal with.. as for coding and stuff like that would be left to her. no mod should ever be given full powers as admin.
mods deal with light work admins deal with the harder stuff. mods in this game would have to be picked carefuly. do to them handling mails and other stuff to help zen. all stuff that they see and do has to be kept to them selfs and should not be given out info to others. mods would work as a team trying to work out the problems that come up and be fair and by the rules with in the game it's self. many years of doing it. mods run side by side with zen an other admins. it could work here as long as mods and admins work together. the most inportant is not to kill the game and the fun. zen if you would like more info in this. let me know.
2010.Mar.17, 06:35 PM
specified roles for in-game admins

dispute resolution- may take a little conferencing to get best reolution
weapons development- when holes need to be filled our current weapons outgrown
game upgrades- sorting through the good & bad ideas presented
general questions or assistance

just these few things could take a tremendous burden off her shoulders & allow her to focus on things like coding weapons or upgrades

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.