AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: 7 Laws are Cheaters. Zen has done nothing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
youre a dork...and the sig says it all....fn sad.....you got black lipstick too im sure
This is still going on? Surprising. [/sarcasm]
(2009.Jun.18 07:25 PM)Punisher Wrote: [ -> ]lol....what was gained other than knowledge....i need clarification here

ive spent huge bucks...not for just my character, but for entertainment....so just curious how we can prevent exploits like this in the future

I still don't think I am understanding you completely. The exploit was fixed and all effects of the credits they purchased were taken back. Since we track all credits, it was very easy to find every single one. They didn't get access to anything like player stats or some hidden page. The only persons who went over your endurance went so high there really is no way to know your exact stats. They had no chance to gain much in stats other than endurance and intel, and those were reverted.

How do we prevent exploits like this? Well that's the challenge of running a site. Everyone tries to find something. If they aren't trying to brute-force my password, they are trying to find a way to take the site down or give themselves unlimited cash/credits. I normally run through all pages with any new exploit known for other games as soon as I hear about them. Normally they don't work. When apache/php/mysql comes out with an update, I test for any changes.

My list of known exploits for TornCity and Metrowars-like games is now halfway to 1,000, and I have to test every single one for every page whenever there is a new addition, game update, or server update.

Can I say with 100% certainty that AL is exploit-free? No. But I think we are in better shape than many other games, and when something like Crunchy's exploit pops up we can sniff it out and revert things quickly.
na zen...im glad you reverted the gains...the only part that exists is the knowledge of each stat level...its cool....

shadowlinger

I know most of the Seven Laws members from way back when. I actually look up to a few. I am although having a hard time believing they did not cheat. The evidence points to it. BUT Zen has posted her response. What can we do about it other than sit here and keep bitching? Seven Laws will always be friends of mine no matter if they actually cheated or not. It is just boring to sit here and see the same thing over and over again. I know Zen realizes she has lost respect of a few big donators (if she doesnt then shes blind lol) but hey thats your decision. I respect Zen, although i do not always agree with what she is doing. Would it actually calm AL down if she did ban them? I dont think so, some one in the coming weeks/months will still bring this subject up. Ok i am done being "bored" with this topic

PSY
(2009.Jun.18 07:50 PM)zenith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009.Jun.18 07:25 PM)Punisher Wrote: [ -> ]lol....what was gained other than knowledge....i need clarification here

ive spent huge bucks...not for just my character, but for entertainment....so just curious how we can prevent exploits like this in the future

I still don't think I am understanding you completely.

Zeon got to second in battle stats, so he knows where Ush's stats stand at the time. Because he got higher than him, he knows the general area where the stats are. The thing that I don't see is why this would be useful.
Almost everyone I know here wont share stats except with gang members. Its kind of a pride thing to have people chasing your stats or wondering where you are at. Its a character you built secretly, and now a couple secrets are out. Sooner or later all of AL will know his stats, end and intel.

killer012000

they might know them but i doubt they will catch them...
(2009.Jun.18 08:29 PM)killer012000 Wrote: [ -> ]they might know them but i doubt they will catch them...

Thats not the point.
the thing is, we are all human. any human would exploit the bug before reporting it. how long did it take them to report it? did it take weeks and weeks of abuse before they reported it? or are we talking hours? i mean seriously, did they get all hyped up from trying it out and go to sleep, wake up and go "oh god, i gotta report that and have zenith fix it!" ?? probably!!

you have a chance to get millions of free credits, and u think theres no problem with it at first. are you gonna straight report it without even being tempted? no! reporting it is important though. seriously
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Reference URL's