AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: The Incident -- Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

iceman2020

You'd like to think that random-based contests are "fair." Well, who are they fair to?

Why do you make them random-based?

You're not making the contests "more fair" by making them random-based instead of activity-based or skill-based, you're just shifting around for whom the contests are "more fair."

That's why they need to be evenly mixed throughout the year.
Notice the two lower levels in the top 10 that didn't suffer a loss..

They have smaller stats, meaning less damage..Lesser armors and weaponry..More randomness of hits and misses, along with less criticals..

Take into account..Me, for example..282nd place in the contest..Higher level..Bigger stats, so the miss and hit rates are defined..Criticals are more obvious, along with the defenses..It's harder for the big guys to beat big guys..While the little guys are easily able to beat little guys..

This is my hypothesis..

ShadowKid

WB tommi.
Theory of relativity is being left out.

DirkDanja

For the record i highly doubt us little guys have a better chance at winning battles vs these ghouls

I'm getting my ass kicked most of the time by ghouls equal to my lvl
I'll assume that their stats are under their level..Under 21..

Do your stats equal or surpass your level, Dirk..?

If so, then power level is relative to the contest..Much like how you get gang points from folks..
i get the feeling we'll see the same winners throughout the contest.
i dont think it's fair.

LordSkie

I for one agree with tommi's theory. If you don't factor in weapons (and maybe weapon skills too?) then the higher your stats are, the worse off you'll be since you'll gradually move closer to a 50/50 win/loss. A low level that has a decent gun will do well- at higher levels, to get a decent gun you have a minimum stat req- that automatically boosts the power of your ghoul by a lot.

I'm also sticking out, I managed 17th but I only won 2 of every 3, which is never gonna win me it when someone's managed 100%.
i agree, ghouls beat me 2 out of 3 times regardless of how many hit points i have. I'm out good luck to those of u who have a chance.

ShadowKid

equip a diff weapon it helps
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Reference URL's