AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: The retirement district
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
If you turn inactive then you can send a email to Zen or Err requesting your character be sent to the retirement district. Then 6-12 months later you come back to say you want your character to stay their. If you don't come back then your charter is released from the district. If you did come back, your character is in district unless you want to play the game again.

BigRedRaper

i think alot more people are happier that the district is removed
IMO: Retirement District = LAME

also IF somenone is in "retirement" I feel they should no longer have access to forums also!

LordSkie

well, I still disagree.

If someone retires, I believe they should have the option to take their character out of the 'xp pool' if they so choose. After all, it's you that spent the time building the character up.

If there was ANY benefit to be gained from retirement district, I'd be of a different opinion. As it is, if you choose to go there, there should be;

a) a limit of one time- if you retire and then return, the retirement district is closed to you, permanently. You can't come and go as you please.

b) a minimum stay. If you retire, you can't just change your mind and come back in a week, there should be a 3 month minimum timeframe. If you want a break from the game, just leave your account as is- won't change anything.

But for those that have played for a long time and wish to leave for personal reasons, or in-game reasons, should have the right to remove their character from the pool. I don't see why anyone here has the right to demand that someone leave their character to work as an XP cow for the playerbase, not in the slightest.

Thor

Because the character is not theirs, it belongs to Awakenedlands.com and secondly, because this is the first game I ever see with such an option.

When you quit, you quit, some games even delete your character after 3 months or other time period, AL is already doing you a favor by not deleting it, in case you decide to pull a Thor Smile
its a personal option to be there if u feel like it
dont complain just suck it up
I'm just happy its gone!![Image: dancing.gif]

LordSkie

yes, ok, it belongs to AL which is fair enough. But I don't see an option to delete your character? If there was, would that be preferable? I don't personally see the difference, save that retirement district gives you an option to return.

I can certainly see what gives someone the right to wish to take themselves out of the xp hunt if they're no longer playing. I mean come on, this game isn't meant to be about inactive hunting. Admittedly I do it as much as anyone, but if they suddenly returned and decided they wanted to retire instead of being a punching bag, I'd fully understand and accept the decision. I think the retirement district is an excellent idea, and fully support it. I won't be using it again, even if I choose to leave the game again, because I feel I've had my 'retirement' and as such shouldn't be entitled to it again.

Thor

Inactive hunting does prevent a ton of whining though Razz
ppl will always whine for something stupid that doesnt concern them
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Reference URL's