The retirement district
2008.Sep.18, 02:11 AM
The retirement district
This place really annoys me.The guys that put themselves there can "retire" and relax,never get attacked and no-one can challenge them to a fight.

Why is it they don't get penalised then for going into this place?

My idea of retirement is sitting on the beach,drinking 24 bottles of bud a day,smoking 30 cigars.Certainly not working out and keeping in shape.

So why then if these guys ever want a return ,after being put in the retirement district,don't they lose their sharpness.Lose stats! Then if they want to return after 2 years out they find themselves 20 stats down on the previous high.

It makes no sense them going to retirement,only to return,just as powerful.Its like they want the best of everything.

Thoughts?
2008.Sep.18, 02:24 AM
retirement
agreed, if you go there, you should be getting old and flabby - start to lose your edge and stats but slowly because even an old tiger still has claws and teeth
2008.Sep.18, 02:30 AM

"From the creator of the waterproof teabag, inventor of the helicopter ejection seat, we present the Awakened Lands Retirement District!"
2008.Sep.18, 03:29 AM

You forgot the motorbike ashtray and chocolate teapot

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2008.Sep.18, 04:09 AM

You can only go there once in your AL life time. You can not train or do anything but forums and mail, I believe.

I do not like the retirement district but you should definitely not lose stats. The whole point IMO is for that player to come back one day. I take retirement the same way as a football retirement, they will come back in some fashion.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2008.Sep.18, 04:15 AM

I have thrown some words around with a buddy or two, and I have told them my thoughts on the retirement district.

My thoughts: Retirement isn't supposed to be taken lightly. If you're going to retire(or just go to the Retirement District), you need to BE retired. You need to STAY retired for, at least, a month or 2 before even attempting to come back.

As for Biff's idea..-Real life- Me and my dad play basketball once in a while. That old bugger still can beat me, and it's been 15 or so years since he's last played basketball for his team in Hawaii..So, losing stats shouldn't be THAT drastic. Maybe they can lose a little, but 20 in 2 years? Don't think so..

Once you have a skill, it never truely leaves you..Unless you do a bunch of crack or something, which is probably something old people shouldn't be doing anyway..
2008.Sep.18, 06:41 AM

Retirement district is @$$.

For those folks who are high level they still need someone to beat down for XP. Leave the people that leave out there for them.

That would SLOWLY degrade thier skills as they lose XP and still give those who were molested by them while they were active a chance at payback if they stay the course.

One of the reasons I stick around is to try and beat the people who were bad @$$ when i started. If everyone that was here when I started is no longer a goal... why stick around?
2008.Sep.18, 11:42 AM

What I find extremely ironic is that Loki was totally against the Retirement District before he retired.

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2008.Sep.18, 11:46 AM

Howlsong Wrote:What I find extremely ironic is that Loki was totally against the Retirement District before he retired.
That very reason makes me think that this is some elaborate plan by the Xpats. I don't know what they're planning but they're planning something.

Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass
2008.Sep.18, 11:48 AM

no... i'm pretty sure they're quittin.

and yea it sucks i'm not able to attack people in the retirement district, not that i'd like to right now, but sometime in the future.

kick the real world in the sac