AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: To Err - Stepping over the Line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

teamhood

Err,
I sent this email to you yesterday and I still have not heard back. I believe this situation needs to be taken seriously and I would like you to respond to the entire AL community. I know I am not alone with my concern.

AL Community:
Please allow Err and Zen to respond. I would like this thread to be taken seriously, so please leave all stupid comments or mock threads out. As players of this game we should all be concerned when an Admin steps into the drama when no rules were broken!

Message to Err:
Err,

I would like to have a serious conversation with you about recent actions that Zen took upon herself today. While I am not here to argue about the odd code that allowed Weebay to beat w00k, I am here to discuss the actions that occurred after w00k began to hospitalize low level players.

There is absolutely no rule that states a player is not allowed to hospitalize low level players and therefore w00k broke no rule nor crossed any boundary by taking his frustration out on low level players. I have trouble grasping that Zen decided to stim these players out of the hospital. Zen without question crossed the line and decided to play God. Her actions were not warranted and being the Admin and game creator she has to deal with players playing the game.

I believe if you two don't want high level players hospitalizing low level players, than you need to make code. Taking the action to stim out is without question stepping over the admin/game creator and into the drama. If you played WoW Blizzard does not punish their users by intervening and this is exactly what Zen did today.

I believe that you two as Admins have to step back and not get involved in the drama and allow the players to play the game that you two created. If you don't like the fact that us high level players can hosp low level players than you need to remove that option and not punish us for playing the game by the rules. I would not be here arguing this is someone cheated or was bending the rules or finding loop holes (like the fact that one can over encumber themselves, which gives the attacker less EXP points- total crap...)

I would really like to know your position on this. Do you think it is right for Zen to step in and help out when no rule was broken? What is next? You guys created a game and we enjoy playing, but when you start intervening, you cause a lot of problems and have serious players who are large donators question what the hell is next?

Regards,
Hood

ShadowKid

If no rules were broken then Err and Zen have no right to intervene so to speak.
*intervene

its not that he broke the rules, and the thing is, the code that was "implemented" was meant to be removed in the first place, and it was an accident to have that happen. w00k's getting pwned was not a code
quit your bitchin.

teamhood

Again,

We are not here to discuss the code.. we are here to discuss why an Admin stepped in when there was no rule being broken...
Quote:Err,
I sent this email to you yesterday and I still have not heard back. I believe this situation needs to be taken seriously and I would like you to respond to the entire AL community. I know I am not alone with my concern.

AL Community:
Please allow Err and Zen to respond. I would like this thread to be taken seriously, so please leave all stupid comments or mock threads out. As players of this game we should all be concerned when an Admin steps into the drama when no rules were broken!

Message to Err:
Err,

I would like to have a serious conversation with you about recent actions that Zen took upon herself today. While I am not here to argue about the odd code that allowed Weebay to beat w00k, I am here to discuss the actions that occurred after w00k began to hospitalize low level players.

There is absolutely no rule that states a player is not allowed to hospitalize low level players and therefore w00k broke no rule nor crossed any boundary by taking his frustration out on low level players. I have trouble grasping that Zen decided to stim these players out of the hospital. Zen without question crossed the line and decided to play God. Her actions were not warranted and being the Admin and game creator she has to deal with players playing the game.

I believe if you two don't want high level players hospitalizing low level players, than you need to make code. Taking the action to stim out is without question stepping over the admin/game creator and into the drama. If you played WoW Blizzard does not punish their users by intervening and this is exactly what Zen did today.

I believe that you two as Admins have to step back and not get involved in the drama and allow the players to play the game that you two created. If you don't like the fact that us high level players can hosp low level players than you need to remove that option and not punish us for playing the game by the rules. I would not be here arguing this is someone cheated or was bending the rules or finding loop holes (like the fact that one can over encumber themselves, which gives the attacker less EXP points- total drek...)

I would really like to know your position on this. Do you think it is right for Zen to step in and help out when no rule was broken? What is next? You guys created a game and we enjoy playing, but when you start intervening, you cause a lot of problems and have serious players who are large donators question what the hell is next?

Regards,
Hood

Zen and Err are allowed to play the game they created. Thus they can stim, bust,and attack other players.
whats this new code business? i havent seen anything in the newspaper.

ShadowKid

No Rules Were Broken So They Have No Right To Do Whatever They Did.

TheGeek

lol... I'm not touching this one.

G'luck on your quest, buddy. haha

teamhood

So you think it's fair that Admin actively play with God-like power? No way! That is so far from being right... If Zen and Err were in a Gang and their player was in the hospital and they decided to use GP's to stim them out - I guess I could live with that. But actually going in and using power that is unavailable to any any of us is not right.

Admins should not get involved when no rules are being broken...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Reference URL's