AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: To Err - Stepping over the Line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

biffbaffboff

draw the line

1. (idiomatic) To set a boundary, rule, or limit, especially on what one will tolerate.

I don't mind if they have some fun, but I draw the line at anything that might harm others.

dekarr

Teamhood,

I agree with you that Admins should not be stepping in to make saves, however if Zenith/Err are not aloud to stim newbs, then they should also not touch the jails, because both are received by a punishment handed out, either by the game or by an angry w00k. TeamPBR is a great example of someone who makes his AL career from hosping day old players for no reason other than its fun. Besides, I thought there was some newb protection agency to help out with crap like this.

I also believe, although a line doesn't exist, one should be drawn, although it would be impossible to differentiate between those who do deserve a reckless beatdown and those who don't. A definitive line however, would probably cause more drama than it would solve. The spirit of the game rule is so vague it could encompass a million things(probably its overall purpose)

FInally, who really knows what zenith intentions were? Until she or Err posts in this thread it is a mystery. Maybe She saw it as protecting her investment, or maybe she was just sick of w00k hosping lowbies. Who knows? I am interested to find you though!

ArtVandelay

I wouldn't call someone who is 626 game days old and much stronger than the people he hospitalizes a noob. Compared to the strength of your character yes he is, but not compared to those who have just joined.

However, Noob or not doesn't really matter since the outcome of the hospitalization is the same. New players would still be getting a hospital stay, and their game play discouraged.

The question is how come when TeamPBR does the hospitalizing Admin seemingly doesn't care. TeamPBR is having the same effect as w00k, and he's been doing it for a lonnnnnnnng time.
"then they should also not touch the jails,"

Yes, they should, because they are acting as a player at that point. Not using any 'godlike' ability.
I'd say because TeamPBR can get what he deserves for hitting the lower levels. w00k can't, since he's the 2nd best stated player in the game, and has the #1 stated player in the game as his buddy/accomplice.
DebbiePinson Wrote:"then they should also not touch the jails,"

Yes, they should, because they are acting as a player at that point. Not using any 'godlike' ability.

So, if she stims them out, you wouldn't have been angry at all? Even though stimming them out and takng them out of the hospital hones the exact same result?

dekarr

DebbiePinson Wrote:Yes, they should, because they are acting as a player at that point. Not using any 'godlike' ability.

Either they intervene in the game or not is how I see it, Debbs.

ArtVandelay

valid point, but even with teamPBR being a low level and constantly in the hospital he still manages to hospitalize the players.

w00k is #2, but obviously not impervious to attack. Just ask a few members in your gang if he is beatable.

biffbaffboff

ArtVandelay Wrote:I wouldn't call someone who is 626 game days old and much stronger than the people he hospitalizes a noob. Compared to the strength of your character yes he is, but not compared to those who have just joined.

However, Noob or not doesn't really matter since the outcome of the hospitalization is the same. New players would still be getting a hospital stay, and their game play discouraged.

The question is how come when TeamPBR does the hospitalizing Admin seemingly doesn't care. TeamPBR is having the same effect as w00k, and he's been doing it for a lonnnnnnnng time.

In answer to your question.

1) TeamPBR has no willingness to fully enjoy the game nor does he have any other ambition to grow.His sole purpose in the game is newbie hosps.

On the other hand w00k has made a substantial contribution to the game,plays hard,is universally recognized as a top player.So it is with alarm that his energy is being wasted on newbie hosp's rather than trains or level advancement.

In short they have done the same actions but both have alternative motives.This was recognized by Zen and measures needed to be taken.

ArtVandelay

biffbaffboff Wrote:In answer to your question.

1) TeamPBR has no willingness to fully enjoy the game nor does he have any other ambition to grow.His sole purpose in the game is newbie hosps.

On the other hand w00k has made a substantial contribution to the game,plays hard,is universally recognized as a top player.So it is with alarm that his energy is being wasted on newbie hosp's rather than trains or level advancement.

In short they have done the same actions but both have alternative motives.This was recognized by Zen and measures needed to be taken.

In my opinion, both of them have the same motives. Each wants to make people angry Biggrin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Reference URL's