AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: What do you think
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
of forum mods promoting other games via gang mail? i thought a forum mod was basically an in game admin and held to higher standards.

discuss.
ush, care to weigh in?
It shouldn't happen at all, imo. At least not in game.
This is what usually happens.

Slivarian [22787]
User Class: Human Member
User Level: 23
Signed Up: April 26, 2008 11:02:53 pm
Last Active: August 20, 2011 5:17:25 pm
Last Action: 177 days 21 hours 50 minutes 20 seconds ago
Online: Inactive
Days Old: 1389
Friends: 40
Enemies: 34
Referrals: 2
Physical Info
Health Status: Fair Condition
Federal Jail Inmate #962
Advertising other games is not allowed.
my 2 cents, yep its in the rules but times are changing. i can see the reasoning, open the door and hope that it is a two way thing. fuck many of us play more then one game, i play 3 daily. you can talk to other ppl in other games and get them to come try this one..

lets not be too butt hurt about ppl thinking outside the box.
Quags they actually think they will get a long time original member of AL banned for this. Aint gonna happen...hes a DONOR!
(2012.Feb.14 02:16 PM)Dingus Wrote: [ -> ]Quags they actually think they will get a long time original member of AL banned for this. Aint gonna happen...hes a DONOR!

i hate to say it but... sv 2.0?
Why not let those in Fed out for this reason who have tried to write to Zen to be released and are still sitting in Fed for this reason.
(2012.Feb.14 02:44 PM)doubtful Wrote: [ -> ]Why not let those in Fed out for this reason who have tried to write to Zen to be released and are still sitting in Fed for this reason.

They probably didn't donate when they were in Fed.
Zen has said that forum mods are not to be held to any higher standard in game than the average player. Forum mods, mod the forums and that is it.
Sending a referral to your gang mates is hardly advertising. Through the six years of AL, many gangs will participant in other games while waiting for AL refresh. It's all about people of similar interests and similar goals to hang out and increase their gaming experience.

I sent the referral link to my gang mates hours before a discussion with DM to go a different direction.

As we have as in the past played FallenSword, Lyrania, test of honor, WOW, Call of duty, and the one a bunch of us played where we built cities (sucked) (travia?), metro wars, mono city, torn city, hobo wars.

If you are advertising randomly in the forums about games, I could most definitely agree to there being an issue.

The more things a gang has in common, the better the communication.. the funner your primary game.

Back in the day we had HUGE MSN convos where we discussed AL, as well as other games.

We discussed them in game, out of game, but not to random people just trying to take people away from AL.

I am sorry you felt like you owned me or something, but I am free to move about this game as I see fit. I follow the rules as I understand them, and wish to only see this game succeed.

Now, I have remained pretty quiet about the issue going on with the President of Habitat.

Their president is/has in the last 48 hours:
Changed his name to my abbreviated name.
Messaged me approximately 100 times (spamming my mailbox) with gibberish
Sent me 1$ in rapid succession over 50 times ( I like free cash)
Began spamming the forums about me advertising other games

All because I left the gang.

I have kept my head low for the past couple of months, and the day I decide to leave Habitat there is drama, over nothing?

The only transgressions SpaceBird has successfully been able to communicate to me is/are:

1. I sent a gang mail requesting members of Habitat to join me on another site while waiting for refresh. (I do not have the message to quote due to me no longer being in Habitat)

2. I did not participate in gang wars as much as we were being demanded to do so.

3. I somehow "used" habitat. Habitat is a pretty dang on strong gang... you really think I would get away with "using" Habitat for nearly a year? I think there would be consequences for this.

That's all I can really decipher from the spamming of my email.

Notice these complaints were only lodged by SpaceBird AFTER I left. I am sorry you have issues letting go of members, but your overreaction is very immature.

I feel I contributed my "fair share" in the nearly year I was in Habitat:

1. Loaned 60 Million AL Dollars for 9 months to habitat.
2. Shared 24 Million AL Dollars for approximately 1 month to various members.
3. Helped Jail Bust whenever possible.
4. Created zero drama, brought not one single hosp on any member in the nearly year I was there.
5. Was respectful and honest and treated every member with kindness and was willing to defend them to my last credit.

The only things I can think of is that you are either extremely jealous and feel that you somehow own me and get to tell me what to do.

This sounds eerily familiar the behavior of a certain member from a former super gang.

Sorry this ran so long, I believe strongly in transparency.

As far as donators not being banned.. I've seen some big timers smacked down by ADMIN, thus, I follow the rules as I understand them, and if my understanding is not coinciding with ADMIN then I would have no issue changing my understanding.

Old time players typically don't get banned due to the fact we follow the rules, and there a what I assume a natural trust based on the reputation of a player through the years.

I tend to make good decisions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Reference URL's