AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: What do you think
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(2012.Feb.17 08:06 AM)spacebird Wrote: [ -> ]if people want something, they should have to work/pay for it themselves, in my personal opinion.

Right. And inheritance should just be buried with people when they die instead of being passed on. Lets get back the the time of Pharaohs.

If you are gifted something by a player then you must of done something to earn it. Whether it was helping them in game, being a friend, loaning them stuff before, whatever. My $ and items are mine, and if I want to pass them on then that should be my option. No one should be able to tell me what I can't do with my $ or items.
this is a game. none of it is your property. it is the games property.

just like the "well you can do it in rl" statement. this isn't real life lol
(2012.Feb.17 09:47 AM)Joshiwa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012.Feb.17 08:06 AM)spacebird Wrote: [ -> ]if people want something, they should have to work/pay for it themselves, in my personal opinion.

Right. And inheritance should just be buried with people when they die instead of being passed on. Lets get back the the time of Pharaohs.

If you are gifted something by a player then you must of done something to earn it. Whether it was helping them in game, being a friend, loaning them stuff before, whatever. My $ and items are mine, and if I want to pass them on then that should be my option. No one should be able to tell me what I can't do with my $ or items.

Game Rules Wrote:Players who receive gifts from players who are quitting are subject to having the entire gift returned based on our "spirit of the game" rule (#3).

This is the big deal. Way back in the early history the game, there was a player named Casanova who wanted to give his entire (substantial) fortune to another player. Many others felt that this was giving said player an unfair advantage. While there are key differences between this and that situation, the question is whether going into an extended period of inactivity should be treated as quitting.
All rules are important and serve a logical purpose however they're not being enforced and it's reasonable to conclude that they won't be any penalty for violating rules regardless of which one(s) are violated.
(2012.Feb.17 10:10 AM)spacebird Wrote: [ -> ]just like the "well you can do it in rl" statement. this isn't real life lol

What do you mean this isn't real life?
I know i'm a little late to the convo, but idk if anyone knows/cares but my old account was banned for advertising. I spent over a year on it, Slivarian. Never got a chance to appeal and the admins never heard my case... shit happens
(2012.Feb.17 06:38 PM)Patriot Wrote: [ -> ]I know i'm a little late to the convo, but idk if anyone knows/cares but my old account was banned for advertising. I spent over a year on it, Slivarian. Never got a chance to appeal and the admins never heard my case... shit happens

wow... so you don't want this account anymore either? nice way to bring attention to yourself dude..
(2012.Feb.17 06:38 PM)Patriot Wrote: [ -> ]I know i'm a little late to the convo, but idk if anyone knows/cares but my old account was banned for advertising. I spent over a year on it, Slivarian. Never got a chance to appeal and the admins never heard my case... shit happens

was this your own personal game that you created?
Some things are better left unsaid...
I hate to say this, but superdave is right. Nobody is watching. You can do whatever you want.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Reference URL's