AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Should players be able to become admins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
DeFine what player/admins responsibilities are and then have this discussion.
(2010.Mar.16 10:59 PM)PhisheVA Wrote: [ -> ]DeFine what player/admins responsibilities are and then have this discussion.

+1 I was just stating that I like the basic idea and would like to see it tried out not just shot down because people are afraid that someone else will get something they don't.
I don't think you should be required to give up your character. Just the ability to attack someone, be in a non admin gang, and to send items to players.
I clicked yes but imo this question is vague at best. Should players be able to help out? yes
Will the rest of the community let it happen? I doubt it.

imo ppl will always believe that anyone who is helping out is getting something in return. Look at the poor suckers we have for mods. They dont have a lick of power yet ppl r always accusing them of abusing others rights.
Even if this idea hit it off, people would still would not be happy and think that they are one sided. We, as mods, are hated just for doing our job that was given to us. There is no happy medium. If you do it within the guidelines, you are modzis, if you don't, you are biased. It is not a win win situation.

BL00DYHAZ3

Yes, players should be eligible to become an Admin, based on experience and self constant commitment to helping Zen, and others make the game a better place to put their time to good use on a daily basis atleast.
(2010.Mar.16 10:21 PM)thatthingufear Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.Mar.16 10:14 PM)Brugada Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks AC! I am in the running for staff and/or moderator though.

After voting that people shouldn't be aloud to become admins, you announce your candidacy?

That how I roll.
(2010.Mar.16 10:21 PM)thatthingufear Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.Mar.16 10:14 PM)Brugada Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks AC! I am in the running for staff and/or moderator though.

After voting that people shouldn't be aloud to become admins, you announce your candidacy?

That's why I don't vote in public polls, and I really can't vote w/o a better idea of what they would be doing. Anything worth while would probably be too much imo, but only zen can try to judge that. I'm not going to shoot down the idea
Dingus should be the dispute resolution officer
I voted no on the grounds of I cant think of a player other than perhaps ChiefEagle that doesnt have an agenda or loyalties in the game.

Would the xpats go to an SV admin to resolve a problem and expect a fair deal? and vice versa

I don't think any one of us could be neutral.

However perhaps you could tie it in with the politicians career and anyone with a high enough career level could run for mayor to be selected by Zen and the community.

I feel if it is done it has to be done by a community vote with Zens vote weighted heavily
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Reference URL's