AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Should players be able to become admins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

NehrGodly

If it frees up time for Zen to do more coding, I'm all for it. As far as limiting a players actions in game once becoming an admin; I wouldn't see a reason to accept that responsibility. +1
I voted that I think people should be able to become admins without giving up their characters.

The ironic part of it is though - we don't know who would be the best ones for the job because they're not loud and obnoxious (like most of us) and not super popular.

Everyone has some enemies - and it'd never work. It'd take a person that is super quiet, responsible, ADULT, and reasonable.

The list that sister posted would never work because of the fact that they've been here so long and have so many ties to the community (both positive and negative).

I do also believe, however, that most people (if they really deserve it), when granted power tend to error on the side of caution... and that the people that they do have close ties to would actually be less likely to get hooked up.

If someone abused it, it would be taken away... Zen won't let someone just run rampant and fuck up her livelihood. This is her job people, don't forget that.
(2010.Mar.18 03:42 PM)NastyFO Wrote: [ -> ]I voted that I think people should be able to become admins without giving up their characters.

The ironic part of it is though - we don't know who would be the best ones for the job because they're not loud and obnoxious (like most of us) and not super popular.

Everyone has some enemies - and it'd never work. It'd take a person that is super quiet, responsible, ADULT, and reasonable.

The list that sister posted would never work because of the fact that they've been here so long and have so many ties to the community (both positive and negative).

I do also believe, however, that most people (if they really deserve it), when granted power tend to error on the side of caution... and that the people that they do have close ties to would actually be less likely to get hooked up.

If someone abused it, it would be taken away... Zen won't let someone just run rampant and frag up her livelihood. This is her job people, don't forget that.

You should go die in a fire for being a pu$$y.
(2010.Mar.18 03:44 PM)w00k Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.Mar.18 03:42 PM)NastyFO Wrote: [ -> ]I voted that I think people should be able to become admins without giving up their characters.

If someone abused it, it would be taken away... Zen won't let someone just run rampant and frag up her livelihood. This is her job people, don't forget that.

maybe he's not. maybe he just wanted out.
(2010.Mar.18 03:44 PM)w00k Wrote: [ -> ]

LOL... And you shouldn't be a game admin solely based on that comment.

LOL... I love how you guys call me a pussy because I refused to get in on your idiotic war over getting Klaw's pecker wet.

Go back to the bong... that's all you fools are good at anyway. Everything else is a joke.
No, he's most certainly a pu$$y.

And anyone who couldn't clearly see through my sarcasm about being a game admin is a fool.

Now, go suck Err's titty, NastyFO. F'n text-based coward is all you are.
(2010.Mar.16 10:59 PM)PhisheVA Wrote: [ -> ]DeFine what player/admins responsibilities are and then have this discussion.

The actual consensus on the question isn't going to happen until this is clarified.

If the player admins can see all stats, transfer cash/credits/items, see how the code works, etc. Then no, of course not.

If the player admins get email into a combined admin bucket, and spend their time sending canned statements to players who don't understand why weapon x costs more, minor complaints, questions about how things work, etc... Sure, no harm there. I would guess that 80%+ of the mail Zen has to deal with is mundane crap like this and that is what needs to be off loaded onto someone else.

The remaining <20% (item transfers, Paypal issues, legitimate abuse reports, etc) need to be handled by the full Admin, who most likely cannot be a normal player once those powers are in place.

so.. Yes, I am open to the possibility, but would have to see a better idea of what being a 'player admin' would entail. Besides, who would care enough to work on keeping the community alive, if not one of us?
(2010.Mar.18 03:47 PM)infinite93 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.Mar.16 10:59 PM)PhisheVA Wrote: [ -> ]DeFine what player/admins responsibilities are and then have this discussion.

The actual consensus on the question isn't going to happen until this is clarified.

If the player admins can see all stats, transfer cash/credits/items, see how the code works, etc. Then no, of course not.

If the player admins get email into a combined admin bucket, and spend their time sending canned statements to players who don't understand why weapon x costs more, minor complaints, questions about how things work, etc... Sure, no harm there. I would guess that 80%+ of the mail Zen has to deal with is mundane drek like this and that is what needs to be off loaded onto someone else.

The remaining <20% (item transfers, Paypal issues, legitimate abuse reports, etc) need to be handled by the full Admin, who most likely cannot be a normal player once those powers are in place.

so.. Yes, I am open to the possibility, but would have to see a better idea of what being a 'player admin' would entail. Besides, who would care enough to work on keeping the community alive, if not one of us?

yeah. what he said.
(2010.Mar.18 03:46 PM)w00k Wrote: [ -> ]No, he's most certainly a pu$$y.

And anyone who couldn't clearly see through my sarcasm about being a game admin is a fool.

Now, go suck Err's titty, NastyFO. F'n text-based coward is all you are.

Such hostility since i left.

You sound a lot like 8Star did when Weebs dumped her. Now you see why your gang is so unattractive to me.

I now know how much you guys really do miss me!

Your pain will fade, Wook. You'll find someone else. Don't worry.
(2010.Mar.18 03:46 PM)w00k Wrote: [ -> ]Now, go suck Err's titty

i think thats what got Zen in this mess to begin with.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Reference URL's