RE: Moving forward with AL
some new cash crimes and for the ares fighter loger a place where you can see:
-best hit in 1 hit
-best resisted in 1 hit
-most exp ever gained
-most hospital time in 1 fight
and they would get updated every week or so

"I wasn't resisting arrest, I was resenting arrest."
Some people are like slinkies they are really good for nothing but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
2009.May.01, 08:39 PM
(2008.Dec.18 12:40 AM)zenith Wrote:  For the next month I will be focusing my time and energy entirely on finishing new code for the game. Err will be your primary source of contact for all in-game concerns while I go on my coding frenzy.

The last few months I've seen my coding time taken up by an increase of in-game and out-of-game AL issues, and it's time I refocused on what makes AL fresh.

I will still be around full-time like I always have been, but my primary focus will be coding new content for AL. During this time I request that your mails be directed toward Err, the Fed Jail King.

There are numerous awesome ideas by the community for additions/improvements that I have been unfortunately lagging on. There are a lot of things players have been waiting for such as new career abilities and new things to do, and I've failed to produce these things in a timely manner. I apologize for the delay, and hopefully this next month of refocused effort will help me catch up on code.

How about a 5 month update? Cliff note version of whats been done and whats in the works?

I'll make you a star in the back seat of my car.
2009.May.04, 08:36 PM
(2009.May.01 08:39 PM)chance Wrote:  
(2008.Dec.18 12:40 AM)zenith Wrote:  For the next month I will be focusing my time and energy entirely on finishing new code for the game. Err will be your primary source of contact for all in-game concerns while I go on my coding frenzy.

The last few months I've seen my coding time taken up by an increase of in-game and out-of-game AL issues, and it's time I refocused on what makes AL fresh.

I will still be around full-time like I always have been, but my primary focus will be coding new content for AL. During this time I request that your mails be directed toward Err, the Fed Jail King.

There are numerous awesome ideas by the community for additions/improvements that I have been unfortunately lagging on. There are a lot of things players have been waiting for such as new career abilities and new things to do, and I've failed to produce these things in a timely manner. I apologize for the delay, and hopefully this next month of refocused effort will help me catch up on code.

How about a 5 month update? Cliff note version of whats been done and whats in the works?
Megadittos.
2009.May.05, 12:23 PM
Cyberware Removal, probably the most complicated thing we've ever added to the game, is almost ready to test. I'll need to have testers for it before it's released due to how complicated the addition is. I'll create a test site that is limited to testing merely the cyberware removal code.

Tidbits...
  • Removal of cyberware has 2 components : regrowth of tissue and replacement.
  • Players with cyberware request to have one implant at a time removed. Removal eliminates the entire implant. Once a request is submitted, no other requests can be made by that player nor can they add more cyberware. An up-front monetary cost that is non-refundable is required at this time.
  • Scientists can look at the list of requests and decide which one they would like to attempt to regrow tissue for. Regrowing tissue is done because the cyberware removed tissue, and replacement tissue needs to be cultured and regrown in a lab from the actual person wanting their "parts" back. This process takes time.
  • Scientists of rank 12 or higher are required to grow replacement tissue. There is no CP cost, but the higher your rank, the faster it is completed. For every 2 ranks higher than 12 they can attend to one more request at the same time.
  • Once tissue has been grown, it is ready for the host. Medics will "schedule" the surgery on their own, and it is up for the recipient to accept. Once accepted by the recipient they are placed in the hospital and the cyberware is replaced by regrown tissue.
  • Medics of rank 12 or higher are required to replace cyberware with regrown tissue. Again, the higher your rank, the faster it is done. No CP cost. For every 2 ranks over 12 the medic can schedule an extra concurrent surgery.
  • Regrowth of tissue is a lengthy process, taking a couple of weeks on average to complete. The better the scientist's rank, the shorter this time can be.
  • Replacing cyberware with regrown tissue is similar to cyberware installs, it puts you in the hospital for some time. Once in the hospital you cannot use stims to get out.
  • As if people would want to remove their cyberware with no benefit. Removal repairs a portion of your lost humanity. The better the scientist, the better your chances are of getting a good portion of your humanity back from that implant.

Like I said, it's complicated code... not something we can just add in without testing.

---

Err is working on a gang function that has been requested for some time. I will leave this up to your imagination. As usual, we threw our little spin into it.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.May.05, 12:26 PM
"Once a request is submitted, no other requests can be made by that player nor can they add more cyberware"

Does this mean during a pending request?

or that after the process is begun to remove a cyber component,
that player character can never again opt to add cybers?

"It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth." George F. Burns
2009.May.05, 12:35 PM
(2009.May.05 12:26 PM)Prophesy Wrote:  "Once a request is submitted, no other requests can be made by that player nor can they add more cyberware"

Does this mean during a pending request?

or that after the process is begun to remove a cyber component,
that player character can never again opt to add cybers?

Sorry I wasn't clear. You can only do them one at a time. Once it's completed, then you can install more cyberware or request another removal.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.May.05, 12:40 PM
**gushes**,

Thanks for the hard work,
this sounds awesome, great incentive for high lvl careers, tons of people will be thrilled about removals,
thanks for pushing this for implementation,
good luck with the testing, I imagine it will be some pretty complicated drek,

but thanks for the update,
cheers

"It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth." George F. Burns
2009.May.05, 12:46 PM
(2009.May.05 12:23 PM)zenith Wrote:  Err is working on a gang function that has been requested for some time. I will leave this up to your imagination. As usual, we threw our little spin into it.

Gang Storage???? Winky

WANNA WRESTLE ?
2009.May.05, 12:48 PM
Stationary weaponry/Grenades for destroying hideouts. <==== Not a guess.
2009.May.05, 05:03 PM
Wow.

So this means some old retired borged up timers could come back.

If you smell what the Zen is cooking.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.