New District Weapons
2008.Jul.22, 09:06 PM

I feel like it will be demoralizing to narrow the gap amongst players with weapons like grenades. There is a group of players in this game who have contributed a substantial amount of financing to better this game as well as their characters. On top of aiding the finance of this game, many have also contributed 12+ hours every day in building their players. Obviously many do this in lieu of being in the upper echelon of this game. Now we are in threat of somebody who plays half as much, and definitely doesn't carry the same stats as some, now being able to potentially embarrass someone in a fight. We all deal with enough randomness as it is.
2008.Jul.22, 09:08 PM

can i get a ranged weapon that requires lvl 11-18 endurace?
i just threw down 20,000 credits on my endurance which comes to around... 180$. whats new? nothing... i gotta throw down ANOTHER 12,000 credits or 120$ for lvl 19 endurance. + 800k for the weapon which = 35 bucks?

i usually wouldnt care about the money but god DAMN! 20,000 credits and still i got nothing new, still stalemating the same dudes, still losing to the same guys, still stuck with the same gun.

yea thats right, i'm bitchign

kick the real world in the sac
2008.Jul.22, 09:08 PM

Weebay Wrote:I feel like it will be demoralizing to narrow the gap amongst players with weapons like grenades. There is a group of players in this game who have contributed a substantial amount of financing to better this game as well as their characters. On top of aiding the finance of this game, many have also contributed 12+ hours every day in building their players. Obviously many do this in lieu of being in the upper echelon of this game. Now we are in threat of somebody who plays half as much, and definitely doesn't carry the same stats as some, now being able to potentially embarrass someone in a fight. We all deal with enough randomness as it is.

yeah. just give level 10 military special acces to grenades or something. that only makes sense.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2008.Jul.22, 09:10 PM

don't forget that endurance does also help better your gym trains! May want to consider bumping up your intel a little bit while you are at it!
2008.Jul.22, 09:12 PM

Weebay Wrote:don't forget that endurance does also help better your gym trains! May want to consider bumping up your intel a little bit while you are at it!

oh yea sry, i didnt realize i threw down 180$ for the extra.... 6-8 dev points.

kick the real world in the sac
2008.Jul.22, 10:04 PM

No one ever said I wasn't going to add new weapons. As for seeing a bunch of other players weaker than you using the same weapons as you, imagine how it would be with no item requirements. We didn't use to have them and everyone would immediately get the best weapon.

The grenade/rocket system is meant to offer more options, not make the strong weak. If nobody wants more combat options then it won't be added.

What I DON'T want to happen with a grenade/rocket system is for it to be the end-all and be-all of combat. It would be like any other weapon where you have a chance of hitting or not, but with the added result of harming yourself in the process (or both opponents). With rockets you would lose a round of combat to put the launcher down and pick up your normal weapon. The price would need to be set in a range where it's reserved for those times they are needed, not every battle. And I think it would be pretty funny for a defender to pick the grenade up and throw it back before it goes off.

As for any Joe using a rocket launcher to take out a level 50 with one shot, that's not what will happen. Besides, rockets aren't light and grenades aren't very accurate.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Jul.22, 10:15 PM

Lame crutch.

"Do you see what happens, Larry? Do you see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?! This is what happens, Larry! This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass! "
2008.Jul.22, 10:28 PM

zenith Wrote:grenades aren't very accurate.

I hope you know during "grenade training" I could put a grenade within 5 feet of all the targets we were given. 8)

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2008.Jul.22, 10:29 PM

Canseco'd
2008.Jul.22, 10:30 PM

shadowinc Wrote:if there was a new district and new weapons come with that district i can only think that the stat requirments would be far above the lvl 50 disitrict,if it was me making the weapons , the gun would take a 50 acc or above, the melee weapon would have to have a 50 or above str and the armour would have to have at least a 40 or 45 resistance,but that is my personal thoughts on it,but zen has said nouthing about it except when i was talkiing about a lvl 70 district awhile back :roll: but it would be sweet to give all the lvl 50 plus players something to go for

I agree.

The new weapon should have at least level 50+ at 1 specific stats requirement. It would be the elite of the elite weapon. This is something only time and dedication can be achieved.

Amend
Thread Closed