Retirement District
2008.Jun.21, 12:09 PM

I was assuming that the retire district would be a place for people to go for a blood bath without wasting money to look for those specfic player.

If the retirement home is like what Druchii stated, I don't think a retirement home is a good idea. The side effect would increase the difficulty in this game.

Such as..
More player will need to spend more money on stims from attacking or being attacked.
Younger player that want to level up would have to either be really active or donate money to level up.

There are many more side effects... We will seriously have to think this through.

Amend
2008.Jun.21, 12:09 PM

Druchii Wrote:The idea of the retirement district is so that players who doesn't want to be a part of the game for either for ever or for a pro-longed period of time can enter a district where they can not be attacked.

What sniveling pansy came up with that idea, this is surely not a predetermined option from the creators (at least I hope not.) This game is structured for those who have the staying power to endure and grow. Regardless of the reason that a player is unable to play anymore, the fact that he has stopped playing should now enable those that have been growing at either a slower pace or have just started playing to pass them.

My point is that one's players activity peak is another's goal, so why should any player be exempt from the nature of the game?
2008.Jun.21, 12:13 PM

Marlo Wrote:This game is structured for those who have the staying power to endure and grow. Regardless of the reason that a player is unable to play anymore, the fact that he has stopped playing should now enable those that have been growing at either a slower pace or have just started playing to pass them.

My point is that one's players activity peak is another's goal, so why should any player be exempt from the nature of the game?

yea, i agree with this. id also like to know how well im doing as i rise in ranks compared to the strong ones that left this game
2008.Jun.21, 12:14 PM

I loathe the idea of the retirement district.

If it must exist, the retirement district should cost a shitload of money to stay there per day - that money being automatically debited from your bank account. When that money runs out, then the player should be removed from the district.
2008.Jun.21, 12:16 PM

lol thats another good idea, tho id rather have most/half their cash in their pockets so i could mug them ^^;
2008.Jun.21, 12:16 PM

ZeonOne Wrote:We will seriously have to think this through.

It already exists.

Promathia19 Wrote:yea, i agree with this. id also like to know how well im doing as i rise in ranks compared to the strong ones that left this game

There's always the pantheon for that.
2008.Jun.21, 12:23 PM

I agree with everyone re: retirement district being a copout. However, this is an option that has existed for quite a while (since Beelzebub retired, well before my time) and since it was offered to people back then, it should still be an option now.

All of the sniveling about it really has not gotten anywhere, so I have learned to accept that some players will just take their ball and go home :massivegrin: when they are done with AL.

I will consider the district when the time comes to retire, depending on the nature of my retirement. Another consideration would be to sell the house, borg up, and become TeamPBR v2.0.

Back to the original idea, though. Yes, the retirement district should be viewable from every other district.
2008.Jun.21, 12:24 PM

w00k Wrote:
Promathia19 Wrote:yea, i agree with this. id also like to know how well im doing as i rise in ranks compared to the strong ones that left this game

There's always the pantheon for that.

was thinking of it as 1-1 fights with them
2008.Jun.21, 12:25 PM

Newspaper. Not added to the userlist yet though, but player profiles will show it now.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Jun.21, 12:25 PM

Marlo Wrote:
Druchii Wrote:The idea of the retirement district is so that players who doesn't want to be a part of the game for either for ever or for a pro-longed period of time can enter a district where they can not be attacked.

What sniveling pansy came up with that idea, this is surely not a predetermined option from the creators (at least I hope not.) This game is structured for those who have the staying power to endure and grow. Regardless of the reason that a player is unable to play anymore, the fact that he has stopped playing should now enable those that have been growing at either a slower pace or have just started playing to pass them.

The "sniveling pansy" is Zenith. (yes zenith, take offense, and feel free to withdraw 2-3 levels of endurance from Marlo's stats.)

It was the main intent to slow down the tops progress in the beginning of the game when 2 players broke of from the rest. I think the district originated when Daemon got banned for doing illegal stuff, and she didn't want him to be the stepping stone for 2-3 people alone. Chris, Beelzebub and Casanova.

However, retirement district does not serve this purpose anymore as people gain stats and power steadily to fill up the power gaps so that everyone exept the top 5 can progress steadily in terms of gaining XP to level. The reason why the top 5 will not progress as rapidly as the rest of the players is because of the power gap of the targets they have, so they will not receive full xp from the targets, their usual targets might yield as low as 50% of the top xp they can receive. (Top XP received increases each level, on level 38 I believe it to be 411-417xp)

So the people going to the retirement district does not disrupt anything in the power circle, other then causing annoyance to find them while traveling. But if gangs could just make complete enemy lists containing locations of targets/inactives, the XP they yield vs your power level (I really wish we could see our own power level on the home/main page), this whole situation could be handled a lot more graciously.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.