Borgs
2008.Aug.06, 10:49 AM

ZeonOne Wrote:
Druchii Wrote:
randomjacker Wrote:I thought the PvP wasn't effected?? I need more time to research but suddenly a player who has NEVER scored a big hit gets 600+. and as well others that I beat seem to be higher powered. If I need to work harder then that's fine..

but something seems off, or changed in PvP.

Skills increasing damage and other things. The cost being that you raise your power level, causing you to drop in XP gain towards those that haven't focused in weapon/armor skills.

In the long run, for those that are keen on leveling, I expect gaining skill levels in Military Assault/Fortification/Repair will be needed. Those that are only interested in dominating and getting high crits however will probably get that, on the expense that they will have a harder time leveling.

Very well anaylized. I certainly agree with what you are saying.

It's like chinese's Ying and Yang. Everything will balance out at the end.

Wait a sec... why is your kudos, and druii's analogy quoting my post when it doesn't address my post? Did I state something wrong?

I was mentioning that literally overnight the amount of damage a person does to me in battle, Lets say from someone who has neven beaten me can suddenly do more damage than me??? Err seems to address the issue properly. and Loki seems to address an issue that has happened in the past where the admins shrugged something off, and there was found to be an actual problem later.

But what am I missing here? I don't see how druii's post is related to my observation. once again I need to test it out more to see what difference there really is. a few battles do not make a flaw. Not complaining just lost!
2008.Aug.06, 10:55 AM

I may have been walking a bit offroad when commenting your post. However I wanted to point out that it is skill levels in weapons that are causing the weird occurrences in combat, where the people you beat so easily before are suddenly turning up with 600-800hits. The hit percentage they have on you goes up etc.

Before it just made them a harder target, with no extra XP gain to show for it. Now you get extra xp for taking on tougher people.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Aug.06, 10:56 AM

i havent attacked anyone yet in the past couple of days, can i ask who benefits from the new change

kick the real world in the sac
2008.Aug.06, 10:58 AM

8)
2008.Aug.06, 10:59 AM

Just balances out the games XP gain, so that you can decide which path you want to be going.

If you choose to go with weapon skills, you will probably be able to beat more people, but xp gain suffers.

Choose to go with no weapon/armor skill, your xp gain will stay the same vs others doing the same, and upped vs those with weapon skills.

Choose to combine them, and you will survive a bit longer in pvp, but not limp xp gain too severely.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Aug.06, 11:00 AM

Druchii Wrote:Just balances out the games XP game, so that you can decide which path you want to be going.

If you choose to go with weapon skills, you will probably be able to beat more people, but xp gain suffers.

Choose to go with no weapon/armor skill, your xp gain will stay the same vs other, and upped vs those with weapon skills.

Choose to combine them, and you will survive a bit longer in pvp, but not limp xp gain too severly.

oooh i c, thanks for summing it up!

kick the real world in the sac
2008.Aug.06, 11:15 AM

Druchii Wrote:Just balances out the games XP game, so that you can decide which path you want to be going.

Choose to go with no weapon/armor skill, your xp gain will stay the same vs other, and upped vs those with weapon skills.

Choose to combine them, and you will survive a bit longer in pvp, but not limp xp gain too severly.

Sure exp wasn't balanced, but this didn't do anything to help it. Those that have chosen the exp only path now get a big shaft. I have to pour ep into lolmilitary skills or forgo combat skills all together? That doesn't seem right.

You used to could play this game anyway you wanted. gang or not, attributes or exp, crimes or jail busts, either way you had a choice. With these past few changes, we've gotten closer to just doing it one way, the "balanced" way. F the "balanced" way!
2008.Aug.06, 11:17 AM

Casius Wrote:You used to could play this game anyway you wanted. gang or not, attributes or exp, crimes or jail busts, either way you had a choice. With these past few changes, we've gotten closer to just doing it one way, the "balanced" way. F the "balanced" way!

Preach on, brother!
2008.Aug.06, 11:35 AM

Yea the balanced way! Where those who work half as hard as you get the same results you do! Whats unfair about that?
2008.Aug.06, 11:41 AM

Dingus Wrote:Yea the balanced way! Where those who work half as hard as you get the same results you do! Whats unfair about that?

How do you figure?