Borgs
2008.Aug.06, 08:36 AM

the way i see it there is 3 kinds of players, the ones whos skills make them great pvp players, one is against hideouts, the other is the equal players (that is they do both hideout and pvp)these are the ones who progress the slowest, but in the long run may be the best due to them being both a hideout and pvp player,
2008.Aug.06, 09:33 AM

w00k Wrote:Ask and you shall receive....

Put it back plz. :oops:
2008.Aug.06, 09:34 AM

Casius Wrote:
w00k Wrote:Ask and you shall receive....

Put it back plz. :oops:

Yeah, something definitely seems a little jacked with combat now.
2008.Aug.06, 10:11 AM

With fighting borg members? I've noticed a good jump in some people's attack capabilities. :oops:

Might have been that new Nodachi, though..
2008.Aug.06, 10:21 AM

I thought the PvP wasn't effected?? I need more time to research but suddenly a player who has NEVER scored a big hit gets 600+. and as well others that I beat seem to be higher powered. If I need to work harder then that's fine..

but something seems off, or changed in PvP.
2008.Aug.06, 10:24 AM

randomjacker Wrote:I thought the PvP wasn't effected?? I need more time to research but suddenly a player who has NEVER scored a big hit gets 600+. and as well others that I beat seem to be higher powered. If I need to work harder then that's fine..

Skills increasing damage and other things. The cost being that you raise your power level, causing you to drop in XP gain towards those that haven't focused in weapon/armor skills.

In the long run, for those that are keen on leveling, I expect gaining skill levels in Military Assault/Fortification/Repair will be needed. Those that are only interested in dominating and getting high crits however will probably get that, on the expense that they will have a harder time leveling.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Aug.06, 10:26 AM

Power level has nothing to do with the attack code, other than to determine how much xp you get for winning (or gang points in a gang battle). I think what happens is after a change is made, players are naturally more accute and tend to analyze things more.
2008.Aug.06, 10:28 AM

Err Wrote:Power level has nothing to do with the attack code, other than to determine how much xp you get for winning (or gang points in a gang battle). I think what happens is after a change is made, players are naturally more accute and tend to analyze things more.

I think you are being dismissive, when as an admin you should be researching and responding to player concerns.
2008.Aug.06, 10:32 AM

Druchii Wrote:
randomjacker Wrote:I thought the PvP wasn't effected?? I need more time to research but suddenly a player who has NEVER scored a big hit gets 600+. and as well others that I beat seem to be higher powered. If I need to work harder then that's fine..

Skills increasing damage and other things. The cost being that you raise your power level, causing you to drop in XP gain towards those that haven't focused in weapon/armor skills.

In the long run, for those that are keen on leveling, I expect gaining skill levels in Military Assault/Fortification/Repair will be needed. Those that are only interested in dominating and getting high crits however will probably get that, on the expense that they will have a harder time leveling.

Very well anaylized. I certainly agree with what you are saying.

It's like chinese's Ying and Yang. Everything will balance out at the end.

Amend
2008.Aug.06, 10:38 AM

I see Err's point. I have seen a difference in gang battle points, and a change in exp gained. I do feel things are MUCH more where they should be.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.