Borgs
2008.Aug.05, 04:00 PM

zenith Wrote:Powerlevel reflects your potential strength in combat. The number is arbitrary on its own. It's primary use is to compare the attacker with the defender.

The code we had was flawed. Cyberware stat bonuses had too much weight compared to natural stats. Skills weren't included. This resulted in some odd results in pvp wars where two opponents who could actually beat each other showed up as one being more powerful than the other.

This issue caused some players to be next to useless in gang wars (pvp). This change should correct this issue. In addition, from what I am seeing most people are gaining a little more XP than they use to.

why aren't weapons and armor also considered?
2008.Aug.05, 04:05 PM

Err and I had a long discussion on this. Our reasoning is because we wanted the power level as a potential rating rather than a current rating. We didn't think it would be fair for players to be able to manipulate their power level my unequipping their items. This would be abused for sure, as players would take off armor so they wouldn't lose as many gang points in war. Or offline players would unequip everything so others would get less XP from them.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Aug.05, 04:07 PM

is there anyway to make them factored in only on inactives? Ive attacked people i thought were decent exp only to get murdered, then when i could beat them it wasn't worth enough to do anymore.
2008.Aug.05, 04:09 PM

I thought weapons weighed in on power level before but not significantly enough to cause any change in pvp points yielded during a gang battle?

I could've swore that came up shortly after the war code change in one of the multiple threads at the time.
2008.Aug.05, 04:15 PM

w00k Wrote:I thought weapons weighed in on power level before but not significantly enough to cause any change in pvp points yielded during a gang battle?

I could've swore that came up shortly after the war code change in one of the multiple threads at the time.

It was. But the effects were so minimal it was taken out.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Aug.05, 09:45 PM

Not liking the change, all inactives got a drop in exp yield :x
2008.Aug.05, 09:48 PM

i noticed i got more xp when i fought UNARMED
2008.Aug.05, 10:16 PM

Inactives got a decent experience drop.

From an average of 200+ to about 170 per battle.

It gonna take me longer to be level 30 at this rate.

Amend
2008.Aug.06, 05:38 AM

I just lost to two players back to back that i normaly "own" . Somthing is flawed! Evil
2008.Aug.06, 08:14 AM

Yes, now you have to fight active people to get max xp, since they are the ones likely to give out biggest xp, the ones who are gonna drop in xp are the ones in Military assault,fortification and repair, since they don't gain power from their skill I believe.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.