Borgs
2008.Aug.06, 11:49 AM

The balanced way is how it should have been all along, coding may have been overlooked, and skills definitely need to be part of the power level.

All I have seen is better exp, and better gang battles.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2008.Aug.06, 12:02 PM

Ushanewnewba Wrote:The balanced way is how it should have been all along, coding may have been overlooked, and skills definitely need to be part of the power level.

All I have seen is better exp, and better gang battles.

If your going to leave out weapons and armor, I don't see why skills can't be left out too.

You may not have gotten the shaft, but I sure did.

Target: Mr Sinister

exp yeilded before change:

After

All at healthy too.
2008.Aug.06, 12:09 PM

Hit harder people Smile

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2008.Aug.06, 12:10 PM

Its because inactives don't have skills. Skills are a major part of the game now.
2008.Aug.06, 12:10 PM

Casius, you are a high lvl with low stats, you arent going to benefit from any changes made!!

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2008.Aug.06, 12:20 PM

Loki Wrote:
Err Wrote:Power level has nothing to do with the attack code, other than to determine how much xp you get for winning (or gang points in a gang battle). I think what happens is after a change is made, players are naturally more accute and tend to analyze things more.

I think you are being dismissive, when as an admin you should be researching and responding to player concerns.

I think you are being presumptuous in assuming I was not researching it or responding to players concerns, of which I did both.
2008.Aug.06, 12:24 PM

Err Wrote:I think you are being presumptuous in assuming I was not researching it or repsonding to players concerns, of which I did both.

Your post was dismissive. That, as well as a history of Admin taking the "perhaps this, perhaps that" approach is really all I had to go on.
2008.Aug.06, 12:27 PM

Hopefully this is not dismissive...

Zenith and I have both checked the code independently, and neither of us see anything that would cause this power level change to affect the attack code other than the xp gain and the gang points.

Oh, and hospitalizations.
2008.Aug.06, 12:29 PM

That was fast.
2008.Aug.06, 12:31 PM

Loki Wrote:That was fast.

I checked it earlier this morning when I was responding to Dingus' complaint about losing to 2 players. Zenith was not online at the time. She just came on and said she also checked it and she also did not find anything.

If you still have concerns, let me know. Mail is best as I don't check the forums a whole lot as I am at work.