Lack of upper level players to attack
2008.Jan.16, 03:58 AM

hunter52070 Wrote:I'm going to post my comments on this as how I see it.

For the most part, it seems that it's only just the really really high end players that are complaining about this.

To me, it's your own fault, you want to be the fastest, badest in the game, well there is a price to pay for that. You out leveled and out trained everyone else and left them in the dust and now you are complaining that you don't have enough viable targets without doing online hits. That's not the Admin's fault, it's your own.

No there is nothing in the game against online hits, it's always just been that way. I'm not saying that you higher levels have been jerks and said Ok I'm the best doesn't matter what you say I'm going to attack you no matter what. I commend you on this an think that it's been great that you all have not been jerks Smile

But it still comes back to the fact that you all are SO high that the only value in targets are those that are just as active as you. The problem with this is, you two are so powerful that no one else has a chance. (didn't mean to single Vor and Pullo out but they are unbeatable.) So if you guys do start to do online hits, the other ppl who are trying to catch you won't have a chance because they will be in the hospital all the time while onlie.

It's great you guys are the best in the game, however, it sucks to be at the top sometimes.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Please know I'm not being sarcastic, but it seems you are basically saying, you've played the game too well, so you should be punished. Is that a fair characterization of what you're saying? I think if a game punishes you for playing efficiently, it points more to a flawed paradigm.

Also, just one other point, This didn't just become a problem today. While I didn't bother with the forum in the past, I did make Zen aware of my concerns (which affect many others as well) months ago when I was not ranked #1 and nowhere near level 50.

I guess what I'm saying is a game shouldn't really limit you unless it's the sort that has a finish line.

Also, I've had lower levels whine to me via in game mail when I've attacked them offline and they didn't lose any playing time. I'll be happy to attack as many lower level players as you like. But you have to answer the Whine Mail. Biggrin
2008.Jan.16, 04:15 AM

Basicly what I'm saying is this;

You started this thread as a "whine" thread that you don't have enough targets to hit Online or Offline. Who's fault is that? The games or yours?

You have done a great accomplishment at getting to where you are in the game, and again I commend you for it, however you seemed to have gone from 40-50 with no problems what so ever and more and more players are getting higher levels.

It should also be pointed out that you have tried your best to not only hosp or otherwise hamper others game play so you can keep your #1 status. You are #1. I have seen where you have spent energy on Hosps instead of XP gain just to save the NPC so no one else in the game can hit them. You have also kept other players in the hosp just so they can't catch you. Is this fair to them?

You started the thread complaining that you don't have enough ppl to hit. Well being #1 does have some prices to pay, if you don't like that it slows you down in getting to 60 or whatever your goal may be, you should not have raced as fast as you could to get where you are.

If she adds more higher level NPC's to the game what then, you out level them and in 2 months we are in the same boat with you posting saying you need more targets to hit. Where does it end? Be content with what you have, no one in the game can take you as of yet and if you really wanted you could completely stop attacking and do nothing but gym train and be so far ahead on the POI that no one would ever be able to catch you no matter how much money the put into the game Smile

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the problem at hand is one that is your fault not the games, or anyone elses. You are the lvl 50 that got there first, fought, clawed hosped and have it and it's not enough.
2008.Jan.16, 04:23 AM

Great posts OEFBonebreaker I tottally agree with you.
We dont need more NPC targets .
2008.Jan.16, 04:25 AM

I've never heard a level 50 whine so much.
2008.Jan.16, 04:34 AM

spyder83 Wrote:I've never heard a level 50 whine so much.

instead of posting my concerns, i could have just went ahead and onlined people.

Instead, I was interested to hear what people thought. It did not begin as a whine thread and the majority of posts acknowledged the need for more targets many of whom are members of Super Villains.
2008.Jan.16, 05:10 AM

[Image: violin.gif]
2008.Jan.16, 05:47 AM

eff em all!!! i say bring out the onlines to the naysayers that want you to hit online. if you hit them, they'll probably change their opinions.

i know i'm not a high level player, YET. i will be soon enough that if the right action is taken now it'll beifit me when i DO hit lvl 50.

maybe online attacks is or isnt the answer, but its here and now. plus it gives ya something to do while better options come along.
2008.Jan.16, 08:06 AM

The only thing I'm really interested in commenting on here is the fact that some players are put into a 'retirement' district while others simply remain inactive and attackable. I don't like the retirement district, and I don't think it should be an option for someone who is leaving. Period.
2008.Jan.16, 08:25 AM

I gott say i agree with what almost everyone has had to say in this topic.Retierment district should be scrapped altogether.The other thing i agree with is if you need to level up i wouldnt take 30% of my targets out and hospitalise them day in day out (as was happening 2 weeks ago).Maybe a couple more high end npc's should be created but if that happens is it going to be the same old hospitalise them so noone else can hit them you get no exp and you cannot hit them for 3hrs.Sounds a daft desision to do that.Either way scrap retirement district to open up some more targets i say.
2008.Jan.16, 08:41 AM

TheGeek Wrote:The only thing I'm really interested in commenting on here is the fact that some players are put into a 'retirement' district while others simply remain inactive and attackable. I don't like the retirement district, and I don't think it should be an option for someone who is leaving. Period.

Agreed.............over and over again......If you quit, thats your choice. You have no reason to hide. There is no daily payout of jobs anymore so there is no reason to be unhittable.

Please listen to this zen. We need these people or their ghosts to be out there.....ask those trying to find targets right now....its not easy.