Lack of upper level players to attack
2008.Jan.16, 12:00 AM

Mighke Wrote:
Conrad1103 Wrote:"Hospitalizations are used to express anger, while plain old attacks would basically just be for experience."

i know. im just suggesting to show less anger and do more "leaving" for exp gains.... as opposed to gaining nothing for Hosp. plus, less stims for the loser. if everyone adopted that, it would benefit both parties more and its less to complain about for the loser. i think i will start doing that, anyway.

Edited by Zenny
Watch the masking of words please.

you're forgetting the satisfaction one feels after hospitalizing one of the gang members who foolishly attacked a gang with stronger players.

Your idea is nice in a fuzzy bunny pillow fight sort of way, but I don't think the stronger players will subscribe to it.

Exactly, most of us have this nuke on our back pocket we aren't going to be shy at using. Whether its for gang war retaliations, old school PvP war retaliation, old fashioned trolling or sticking up for friends, the fact is everyone in this game has the power to ruin everyone's fun below them. The consequences are too high to attack anyone because they have friends which can do the same, ad-nauseaum. If you have the power, you will use it. We need to find a way to make it so the only goal in the game isn't just to have an alliance with the strongest player in the game. What hope does a ronin soldier have unless your name is Pullo? I maintain the solution will never be adding bots/npcs/"cops", the solution lies in making real PvP combat competetive, affordable and sustainable.
2008.Jan.16, 12:01 AM

It was meant as a compliment. You are by far most active player in-game. Nothing was meant to take that away from you. And off topic, grats on wealth Wink

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2008.Jan.16, 12:05 AM

A couple ideas..

i know I'm only level 18, but I've been around forever, and when the opportunity to voice an idea comes up, it's like chumming the waters for me.

1. In gang hits. You can attack on of your own gang members for 2/3 of the experience you'd get from a normal target of that gang member's level, however this attack costs 25 - 30% more energy to do. However, the gang member who loses, since it was simply sparring, gets a 10 minute or less hospital visit. This increase in energy required, and moderate decrease in experience received would make this less of a primary leveling tactic, but would provide a good alternative when there's a lack of targets.

2. NPCs

a. Going off of what Zenith mentioned, when you fail at a crime and are getting sent to jail, you can attempt to fight off the police if you have x amount of energy. The abilities of the police would have 75% of your ability scores as a base, with a variable 1%-40% bonus. If you lose the battle, you go to jail, with added jailtime for resisting arrest. If you win, you would gain a decent amount of experience.

b. Public NPCs - There could be NPCs in game that are openly attackable and have 75% of your stats, and would award 75% experience upon defeat. Their hospital time would be very short.. 5-10 minutes. Low levels wouldn't use these, since if they had decent stats, fighting something that they could lose to would not be energy efficient, since you'd only be getting your own level's (-25%) experience. However, up in the higher level ranges, it would probably be worth the risk, and they could afford to use stims to heal themselves up.
2008.Jan.16, 12:10 AM

LuparKoor Wrote:A couple ideas..

a. Going off of what Zenith mentioned, when you fail at a crime and are getting sent to jail, you can attempt to fight off the police if you have x amount of energy. The abilities of the police would have 75% of your ability scores as a base, with a variable 1%-40% bonus. If you lose the battle, you go to jail, with added jailtime for resisting arrest. If you win, you would gain a decent amount of experience.

I like this.

2008.Jan.16, 12:12 AM

we need more than that i think to solve this issue
2008.Jan.16, 12:14 AM

jiggaj Wrote:we need more than that i think to solve this issue

Define "that"

That's a very very vague statement, you could've been responding to anything mentioned in this 4 page forum post.

That's kind of like if I just posted "good" and didn't say anything else.
2008.Jan.16, 12:18 AM

The easy for-now solution seems to be online attacks.
2008.Jan.16, 12:27 AM

I don't think online attacking just to get the community to scream at ADMIN for help is the remedy, yet.

Admin is obviously aware of the issue, and is looking for a more mature way of handling the issue.

Give this some time, and I am more than sure a proper change will be implemented.

2008.Jan.16, 12:55 AM

Ushanewnewba Wrote:I don't think online attacking just to get the community to scream at ADMIN for help is the remedy, yet.

Admin is obviously aware of the issue, and is looking for a more mature way of handling the issue.

Give this some time, and I am more than sure a proper change will be implemented.

I don't think that's what is happening. I think people are frustrated with the lack of targets and will do online attacks when there aren't any offline targets.

I find your accusation quite inflammatory and inappropriate.

I have been bringing up this problem for months. I don't appreciate my idea being characterized as a ploy to get admin to do something.

As you've seen in the past, i state my opinion and if it doesn't garner a change in the game, I take the path less traveled. Example: 2 member store front instead of gang.

Unlike far too many others, I don't whine, I just find creative ways to play the game.
2008.Jan.16, 01:00 AM

mtngti Wrote:The easy for-now solution seems to be online attacks.

Resonse was to this, not your idea. I agree with "changes need to be made".

Edited by Zen